Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue

Psalm 139: You Are Loved

posted by Beyond Blue

On the combox of my post, “What Is Your Epiphany,” a reader said that her “Aha” moment was knowing that God loves her. Simply that: She is loved unconditionally by God.

That is one of the mottos that I repeat throughout the day, as well. It can be successful in breaking my addiction or attachment I toward success, approval, attention, affection, and the kind of self-abortion that impedes my progress toward peace and sanity.

So it was ironic, last week, when the director of liturgies at St. Mary’s in Annapolis, where our kids attend school, asked me to read the following psalm as part of my daughter’s First Reconciliation service. Maybe I’m turning into one of those people who finds a sign in everything (Oh, it’s 11:11 – make a wish!), but it felt as though God was communicating to me a very clear message, given the kind of struggles I’ve had the last two months.

A Reading from Psalm 139

You have looked deep
into my heart, LORD,
and you know all about me.
You know when I am resting or when I am working,
and from heaven
you discover my thoughts.
You notice everything I do
and everywhere I go.

You are the one
who put me together
inside my mother’s body,
and I praise you
because of the wonderful way
you created me.
Everything you do is marvelous
Of this I have no doubt.
Nothing about me
is hidden from you!
I was secretly woven together
deep in the earth below.

cathy koss

posted January 23, 2012 at 11:53 am

Dear Therese,
I have come to look so forward to your daily posts!
You are Loved is such a simple message and yet SO deep and helpful.
Thank you.
Keep up the great work that you do in laying out your life to help others get through theirs :)
Cathy

reetha

posted January 24, 2012 at 7:05 am

Thank U for sharing with me.

Skylark

posted January 24, 2012 at 7:57 am

Therese…The palms,especially 139 for you and 103 for me, are balm to my wounded soul..thus the phrase, psalm balm!! Corny I know but they work to sooth the frayed edges and even inner recesses of our psyches. You have spoken of your devotion to St Therese of Liseux…Elizabeth of the Trinity, the mystic whom Blessed John Paul II said was a great influence in his spiritual life has attracted me with the same kind of connection ….If you have not read her works please know she has much to offer us in the way of spiritual truth and has specifically written about the Indwelling of the Trinity. Powerful stuff for those moments when we know we cannot go it alone.
Her works, Ps. 103 and John 15:7 are right
now the psalm balm in my life!

Kathy

posted January 24, 2012 at 9:03 am

a much needed message for this day. Struggling with the winter depression and 18 inches of snow on the ground. I seem to always identify with your postings in some way or other, and bless you for being so open with your thoughts..

LL

posted January 24, 2012 at 10:08 am

Lovely! What a great passage to give people on their birthdays.

Margaret

posted January 24, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Dearest Therese,

Thank you for posting this. It is a message from God, through you, to me.

Grateful you shared God’s message ,so that we are reminded of God’s unconditional love for us, especially when our families don’t want us around.

Marge

posted January 24, 2012 at 12:47 pm

This should be posted on the doors of abortion clinics!

cathy

posted February 4, 2012 at 6:01 am

I know this is a reminder for me from GOD that HE is always there for me especially in this hard times of mine.Thank you LORD!

Rev. Valerie V. Berry

posted February 4, 2012 at 8:30 am

Preach this Palms many times. Love it. Thanks for sharing. I love the beliefnet I glad it is available to anyone. This is the way to get the word of God out to many. Our purpose is to go to all the world reaching out building up the Kingdom of God. Takes Man to save Man.(Woman boy, girl) Have a Bless Day with Jesus Christ.

Dr. Boris D Wooden

posted February 4, 2012 at 9:04 am

I am not a woman but the Lord has been telling to leave this attachment that I had with this person alone, because they where a hinderous to what he has for me in the ministry, After reading Psalm 139 with was a conformation. My devotion scripture every morning to start my day is Proverbs 8. Thank you so much by being used by God to share. God those speak through other people in His Word to get our attention

Dee Dee

posted February 4, 2012 at 9:24 am

So inspiring and oh so true!

Sharon B

posted February 4, 2012 at 12:40 pm

My Epiphany is…. That Adonai knows my heart!! That is my biggest relief is knowing that HE knows my heart!!!

Carol

posted February 4, 2012 at 1:10 pm

How very wonderful, having that communication with your Lord, your best friend, your constant companion…..I talk to my Lord and my angels every day, several times a day. Be thankful for this life and the chance to show everyone the love that makes us strong – it is the love that we share that means everything and it is what remains when we leave this earth and the Lord takes you home.

Al Vann

posted February 4, 2012 at 3:14 pm

A very sweet prayer

Diamond Taylor

posted February 4, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Thank you for this beautiful uplifting message!

kahye

posted February 4, 2012 at 8:49 pm

THIS IS A VERY HEAVENLY PRAISE TO GOD ALMIGHTY AND THE WORDS ARE SO TRUE.READ THE WORD AND LEARN THE WAY OF LIFE AS IT SHOULD BE.

maria

posted February 5, 2012 at 2:30 am

God is good. He will always speak to us through people or show us something. He is never silence. We just need to stay still and listen.Psalm 37 and 119 are great scriptures of His protection and justice. Nothing bad ever stays in the dark He will always bring it to light. Only He will love us the way we are supose to be loved. Jesus Lives.

Paula

posted February 5, 2012 at 2:54 am

I really loved this scripture YOU ARE LOVED
me and my daughter has been going through some changes and she is fifthteen I just want her to understand that you are loved by me your mother and father and but also by GOD JESUS CHRIST OUR SAVIOR this is a very very good quote. Thanks you I really needed to her this

felicia chinyere opara

posted February 8, 2012 at 8:30 am

i really love this scripture YOU ARE LOVED-PSALM 139,especially where its says even if i make my bed in hell, God is there with me. When i find myself in trouble, with this portion of bible i feel like the biblical joseph that God excelled even in pit, where he was thrown in by his brothers – and jail by potiphar etc.

Phyllis Bailey

posted March 4, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Thank you But I know God Loves me and I praise him every day for his Blessing, and God has been very good to me,but I’m having some problems getting a job and I cry every day that he send his Blessing down on me to get a job because I’am about to lose my home,Please say a strong pray for me. Thank you May God Bless You also.

miriam

posted April 4, 2012 at 8:37 am

that scripture was just what i needed – as i await yet another mri to see this orange size cyst that is pertruding from my abdomen and is blocking my right ovary. God knows all about this body of mine and He knows just how to fix it. thanks

beckyminayo

posted April 4, 2012 at 8:41 am

that was sweet and right on time

Bernadette

posted April 4, 2012 at 8:58 am

Very beautiful, It is also very true.
Thank you I need that.
Bern

Sam

posted April 4, 2012 at 9:26 am

We just can’t get away from Divine Love on Earth, apparently, according to this Psalm. I’ve always found it to be very reassuring and wonderfully beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it!

Mahalia

posted April 4, 2012 at 9:33 am

I needed to read this Psalm, it made me feel better I was in a very bad place. Thank you

BARBARA

posted April 4, 2012 at 9:40 am

Bless you Abba Father for caring so much about me and mine. Thank You Lord
I believe in You my Father and in your son Jesus. I accept Him with all my heart and I trust you Father. I love you very much..Amen

Barbara

posted April 4, 2012 at 9:51 am

Very nice, Amen

levonne blackwell

posted April 4, 2012 at 9:57 am

This was right on time. I’m dealing with a chronic illness, and was feeling down, but i read this passage and i feel so much better knowing when everyone else turns their back on you, the one and only always have your back. Thank you.

Tamara Jackson

posted April 4, 2012 at 10:24 am

Hello, I got excited when I read about you yourself as others who take things as signs, I thought that some may find it weird, and some just may, but it is such a pleasant feeling to know that someone else shares that same instinct as you (myself), to God be the glory! As I express strongly in my blog that, Spiritual Awareness + Happiness = Success;
this has really touched me, and it it points out more the significance in my theory (that God gave me), since I’ve come to the realization and God’s revalation in my life, I have been more effective in other’s lives and have more meaning and potential in my own, thank God, this is just another eye opener for me, Amen? Thank you and God bless you…..

Darryl Gilchrist

posted April 4, 2012 at 10:57 am

That was a beautiful but true psalm. We must always look to our lord for guidance as well as healing. Amen

Debbie Bramlage

posted April 4, 2012 at 11:18 am

A beautiful, sensitive reading, especially at this time of year. I was saddened to see that the intro was not proof-read, and substituting “abortion” which was probably meant to be “absorption” had a significant negative impact on the message to follow….

Ruth

posted April 4, 2012 at 11:53 am

No matter what your conditions are, He is always with you. He even created you inside your mothers belly and watched you grow.

Mary

posted April 4, 2012 at 1:08 pm

In this day of greed, hate and violence, Its a Blessing to know God loves us, Jesus died for us and Our Holy Spirit gives us comfort and love.. Our Blessed Mother who is our real Mother is watching over us too.

Glory to God Praise Jesus, Come holy Spirit fill the hearts of your Faithful.

love and Gods’ Blessings

Mary Hicks

Bill Oblinger

posted April 4, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Thank God for loving us unconditionally as i
know i am imperfect and trying hard to live as he would wish Thank You LORD BILLO

Genora Crooke

posted April 4, 2012 at 2:43 pm

This is beautiful. What a way to start or end a day. God bless you all.
Genora

Layblee J. Doe

posted April 5, 2012 at 6:41 am

Psalm 139: is great one. God is surely my everything. He knows all about me. God is good ,and all the time he is good.

JACKIE

posted April 5, 2012 at 11:42 am

What a Blessing to know what an awesome God we serve. Thank You, and God Bless you.

EARNER HENLEY ( FEMALE )

posted April 5, 2012 at 12:48 pm

SO RIGHT LOVE THIS

Melinda A. Walton

posted April 5, 2012 at 3:00 pm

This is so true,because in my heart I believe in GOD that he created me when put in my mothers womb he know what he was creating a woman that believe in him. I was in the same bout dealin with my sixteen year old daughter and eleven year old daughter.

Akhtar Ali

posted April 6, 2012 at 7:18 am

Yes we are all so loved in life yet we take advantage of everything we have because we are so stupid that we can’t recognise everything we have, we want more! We are given what we are given because we are loved. Some people take their lives because they dont see it… You are all loved accept it, be appreciative, dont take it for granted otherwise no-one will ever love you again.

ldsouza

posted April 10, 2012 at 4:19 am

You have taken my thoughts and put them into words. At the sunrise Easter service on this tiny beautiful Island I call home, tucked away in the Arabian Gulf, the Arabic-speaking Pastor talked about how God takes care of everything, including our material needs – and that he will take care of our financial goals and material aspirations if we will only trust in him. Thank you for reminding me that I am loved unconditionally.

Jackie Hourihan

posted April 10, 2012 at 6:30 am

This is very profound, some people say to me that they dont believe because they never get what they ask for but the truth is they dont ask!

Our ever loving God refuses us nothing if we ask the problem is we dont ask!

This is lovely and I am grateful that I know how to ask for Gods listening ear. Not for anything I want but to show my gratitude for all the things he has given meI am so lucky Thank You God JH

joan bennett

posted April 10, 2012 at 10:08 am

this,this is fodder for the mill that keeps me going,the knowledge that God does indeed love me,despite all that i am not,simply because He knows all about me,He knows what is in me because He made me,how Blessed i am to be so very loved by my Father!!!

derie

posted April 10, 2012 at 10:18 am

Awesome manifestation of God’s omnipotence; He is … and we are … to discern – we get to listen, belief, wait, trust, and praise HIM for HIS goodness !!!

Porsha, RN

posted April 10, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Both deep and inspiring…thanks!!!

Moises

posted April 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Plsam 139, while my beloved daughter was giving her las breath, one of the Priest that was at her bed. was reading this Psalm and when he finish she past away. Geraldine Stephany where you God bless you, and your parents will always remember you. bye for now.

Elizabeth Coakley

posted April 10, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Thank you for a true reminder that i’m LOVED! God Loves Elizabeth and he formed me and he KNOWS EVERYTHING about ME! Even when i’m not feeling LOVED i trust My Daddy’s Word He Loves ME!! He Loves Me!!

mellie

posted April 11, 2012 at 4:41 pm

It was as though God was speaking back to me from your topic YOu Are Loved! I was reading this at 3:30am this morning as my mind was flooded and confused wondering why hasnt God helped me yet. I opened my email 4:00 to see just after some of the weight was beginning to lift. It was like God’s quiet voice speaking back You Are Loved. See didnt I tell ‘If you make your bed in hell I am there” LOL! Love you too God. :D
Mellie

jeanette priscilla channelle harris

posted April 12, 2012 at 3:25 pm

the lord had’t been so good to me all time it
noting in this world i want but the lord blessing for me

AM NOW MARRIED WITH THE HELP OF OMIGODO

posted October 28, 2012 at 11:05 am

my name is Mrs Johnson favor from united states we are now doing great me and my lover is now in good term because of the great power of priest omigodo he cast a spell for my lover to love me and respect me everything is now working well as he told me. contact priest omigodo via email address on templeofsolution@gmail.com you can still reach priest omigodo on his phone number: +2348079367204 we just got married on 15/10/2012 contact priest omigodo for help and advise about your marriage or relationship

AM NOW MARRIED WITH THE HELP OF OMIGODO