I grabbed the following information from BehindHappyFaces.com.
Changes in feelings such as fear and anger are a normal part of life. Personal situations, such as a family divorce, loss of a job, or strained relationships with family or friends can cause emotional stress, thus making a person feel sad or blue. These are not unusual reactions.
However, certain thoughts and feelings associated with some experiences may be warnings of more serious problems and the need for mental health intervention. It is not always easy to spot these warning signs, or figure out what they mean–qualified mental health professionals should be consulted in order to make an accurate diagnosis.
The following feelings and experiences may be warning signs that you or a friend may be dealing with more than just everyday stress:
* finding little or no pleasure in life
* feeling worthless or extremely guilty
* crying a lot for no particular reason
* withdrawing from other people
* experiencing severe anxiety, panic or fear
* having very low energy
* losing interest in hobbies and pleasurable activities
* having too much energy, having trouble concentrating or following through on plans
* feeling easily irritated or angry
* experiencing racing thoughts or agitation
* hearing voices or seeing images that other people do not experience
* believing that others are plotting against you
* wanting to harm yourself or someone else
If you recognize one or more of these signs — in yourself, or someone you know — please click here to learn how you can SEEK HELP.