Beyond Blue

Beyond Blue

Depression: Learning How to Dance In the Rain

posted by Beyond Blue

Gosh. If ever there were a movie made of my life, this would be it! It’s the 4:43 minute version of my book, “Beyond Blue.” I guess if you just joined this blog, or were wondering if anyone else besides you has been depressed their entire life, you will know that you have a companion.One of my favorite sayings is that “you can’t wait for the storm to be over … you have to learn how to dance in the rain.” So, because of Matt Clement’s amazing video skills and Diana Keough’s vision, and together their generosity of flying out to my place from Atlanta, Georgia, where they have started ShareWIK (Share What I Know), I have a documentary that I will never show my kids!Here’s the video. Or get to it by clicking here.

KAH

posted April 13, 2010 at 10:23 am

Such a powerful testimony. While you are dancing in the rain, make sure you remind yourself that you are helping many, many others to splash in the puddles they would rather just jump over. Peace.

Mary Anne

posted April 13, 2010 at 3:13 pm

OMG this was an AWESOME testimony/video Therese! I was moved by it, today I stared reading your book while waiting on my gf at her therapy appt.
I came hm and had bday cake & ice cream with her, we are celebrating early since I will be out of twn on Thur.
You are on my mind and in my thoughts continually, I plan to take your book with me to my festival to read while being at my campsite in Mother Nature. I love you, your understand and your humor
Blessed Be!

Viv

posted April 13, 2010 at 4:41 pm

All I can say is that you are a courageous and beautiful child of God. Thank you.

Elizabeth

posted April 13, 2010 at 7:54 pm

What a powerful testimony! The work you do is so very important. You are a pioneer in the work of taking the stigma away from mental illness.

Alexandra

posted April 13, 2010 at 9:24 pm

What a great quote, learning to dance through the rain… I love that.
I did not know there was another type of bipolar disorder. I thought I showed some of the symptoms but it didn’t quite fit. I didn’t know there was a type 2. I will definitely look into it. I too have been struggling with depression for a very long time, as long as I can remember!

Jarrod@ Optimistic Journey

posted April 13, 2010 at 9:33 pm

What a testimony Therese! Very inspiring. You have come such a long way and I commend you, and encourage you to continue to keep your head up. I like how you mentioned that you were encouraged to through the storm and not around it, and to pick up the tools along the way. Thank you so much for sharing your story!!
Be blessed!
Jarrod

Dee

posted April 14, 2010 at 7:04 am

Therese, i admire and respect your openess and honesty so much! You are a true inspiration to those of us suffering from mental health dieseases. Seeing you talk, reading what you write all in heartfelt honesty gives me hope that I may make it thru this storm, maybe even dancing a bit. Thank you and all others who comment, it really gives me hope.
God Bless!
Dee

shut eye doll

posted April 14, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Therese, by coincidence my 7th Psychiatrist was the best too! She really understands who I am even better than I do. She uses a combination of medication and therapy very effectively. This has empowered me so much that when I’m away I can get the care I need from just about any Physician.
The trick is, to keep on looking; and yes, you’re right. One does need an anchor, who can be a caregiver when you need one.

Crystal

posted April 14, 2010 at 5:44 pm

Thank you Therese for sharing your story. I also have bipolar disorder type 2 and I can relate to so much of what you go through. You are an inspiration to me. I will be thinking of and praying for you.

Sandra Farley

posted April 14, 2010 at 8:59 pm

I didnt find the story about bipolar disorder type 2, but what I did find was that finding the right doctor, can you please do more articles on mental illness? Thank you.

Susan

posted April 14, 2010 at 9:23 pm

I just became aware of this amazing child of God…this video will move you to tears and make your heart dance with the goodness of the Lord. He dwells in everything and for everything there is a purpose under Heaven. Please watch.

Nancy

posted April 15, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Thank you, Therese!
You help me feel OK about my illness. We’re not alone, ever, even if it seems like it. I’m so glad I found your site.
Nancy

Rose

posted April 15, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Sometimes the pain is just so great, even on medication, that I can scarcely breathe as a widowed mother of very young children. I pray for faith to be strengthened through trial and suffering, yet I suffer; suffer for my children; suffer because of my children; suffer for myself…. Sometimes the “now” and the “future” leave me breathless with angst. Although I know I am not alone on this particular journey, there are many moments when I tremble in the face of my burdens. It is good to know you are surviving so very well and that you have such love and support from your husband.

rain umbrellas

posted April 29, 2010 at 10:53 pm

About the wonderful, very pleased to see this article, learn some things, and view the text is recognized. Thank you for sharing. At the same timei

umbrellas

posted July 7, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Finally see such a good article and pictures. I totally agree with you. And your point of view. And will always support you. Thank you for sharing, it makes me feel a lot. i love Wood Umbrella very much

umbrellas

posted July 20, 2010 at 2:20 am

Very happy to see your article, I very much to like and agree with your point of view. Thank you for sharing. At the same time,i love umbrellas very much .Welcome to look at my website and blog articles.Hope we can become good friends, and exchange and to help each other! Thanks!!

Alex

posted August 26, 2010 at 6:16 pm

All you do is very helpful and precious to me, in the midst of another depressive episode in my struggle with BP2. I admire and appreciate tour openness and wiseness in sharing your fragilities and experiences. I also very much admire your husband Eric, whose interview is extraordinary in terms of the understanding, wiseness, and love he truly shows as a man, husband and caretaker. Thanks you both Therese and Eric!

Linda Wells

posted August 27, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Dear Therese, Your voice calms me, your youth amazes me, your beauty shines, your honesty reassures, your words are profound. Every day I look forward to your words of guidance, perspective, and encouragement to face the day. I’m so glad Guideposts lead me to you. LINDA

Chris

posted August 29, 2010 at 7:54 am

Sometime I suffer from depression I think. It might be seasonal affective disorder. I find meditation helps. Meditation, yoga, and sunlight. I started going to Costa Rica in the winter, and I find a stay in one of the fine hotels in Jaco Costa Rica often cheers me up. Hotel DoceLunas offers yoga classes and several lovely areas for meditation.