Interesting mix of faith news over the weekend, kind of falling into an “end of an era” theme.
Check these out:
- –Islamic center opens its doors near ground zero (AP)
- –Church leadership post for an openly gay Mormon (CNN)
- –First gay man to be ordained in Presbyterian Church USA since historic vote (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
- –Bishop: Bread alone will do for Communion for most Masses (USA Today’s Faith & Reason blog)
- –Angel Food shuts down (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
“End times,” or what? Maybe it’s just the season… on a related note, Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, is this week, so stay tuned for a Belief Beat post on that.
Share your thoughts in the Comments section below.