Not only was Anders Behring Breivik, Norway’s accused mass murderer, not an Islamic terrorist, but he’s an Islamophobic hardline Christian. (Cue immense sigh of relief from Scandinavia’s Muslim community, among others.) A Christian terrorist, if you will.
- Norway suspect sought ‘Christian war’ against Islam (USA Today)
- Norway killer espoused right-wing philosophy claiming to be Zionist (JTA)
- Killings in Norway spotlight anti-Muslim thought in U.S. (NYT)
- Anders Breivik is not Christian but anti-Islam (The Guardian)
- Prayers for Norway (Episcopal Cafe)
- Evangelicals express solidarity with Norway after attacks (Christian Today)
- Abandon the logic of evil, Pope pleads after Oslo attacks (Catholic News Agency)
Share your thoughts in the Comments section below.