It’s National Day of Prayer, and somehow this year we’ve managed not to hear any rumors about it being canceled by our not-Muslim President Obama. Perhaps this is the ultimate indication that killing Osama bin Laden — pretty much the answer to our national prayers for the past decade — finally silenced the birthers/haters? Nah, they’re just awkwardly mutating into deathers… so hey, how about releasing that birth certificate, er, I mean a gruesome photo of bin Laden’s corpse?
I kid, I kid. It’s also Cinco de Mayo. And yesterday was Star Wars Day, aka May the 4th Be With You day. So, good times all around.
This year’s theme is “A Mighty Fortress Is Our God.” Here are some links:
- Day of Prayer observed as always, with reverence and controversy (CNN Belief Blog)
- After Court Gives OK, Christians Mark National Day of Prayer (Religion News Service)
- National Day of “Not You” (Chicago Tribune’s Seeker)
- A National Day of Prayer Keeps Us All in Check (Chicago Tribune’s Seeker)
- On National Day of Prayer, It’s National Day of Reason for Some (Orlando Sentinel’s Religion World)
What do you think? Share your thoughts in the Comments section below.