As candle-lighting ceremonies and other symbolic gestures commemorated International Holocaust Remembrance Day, hundreds of American rabbis marked the Jan. 27 occasion with a forceful letter to media mogul Rupert Murdoch about the use of Nazi and Holocaust references by his Fox News employees: Roger Ailes and Glenn Beck.
For more on the letter, which appeared in today’s Wall Street Journal, check out my Religion News Service story.
For more on Holocaust Remembrance Day around the world, here are some links:
- Google announces collaboration with Israeli museum to create online Holocaust archive (Huffington Post)
- A new Holocaust memorial for Paris (Reuters)
- Obama: Anti-semitism “scourge” is a priority (JTA)
- Turkey holds first state rite marking Holocaust Day (JTA)
- Muslim leaders condemn Holocaust denial on Remembrance Day (RNS)
And, as a sad reminder that despite the post-World War II rallying cry of “Never Again,” genocide and other mass atrocities persist, here are a couple of extra links:
- Many genocides to be commemorated on Holocaust Memorial Day (RNS)
- Clinton, Obama condemn slaying of Ugandan LGBT activist (Episcopal Cafe)
What do you think? Share your thoughts, and any other relevant links, in the Comments section below.