Here’s a video that literally brought tears to my eyes. I’ve always loved Paul Simon. In his earlier incarnation (Simon & Garfunkle) he got me through one of the hardest summers of my life. Later, his music got me through one bad spot after another, and helped me celebrate the bright moments that linked the darker shadows. What a great guy — as the caption says, this is what we all thought rock’n’roll was about…
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- Ramadan, and the wounding of blessings
- celebrating what’s right
- grumpy days
- secrets, closets, and religious judgment
- a surefire cure for the blues
- home again, home again…or, the quilt vs bad fondue
- be here. now.
- when will we ever learn?
- yearly checkups
- the people my pets are
- writing, reflecting, old & new friends
- time passes, and then there’s change
- what’s on your bulletin board?
- way closes, way opens
- you and me and the dirt and the ocean and all the rest of it
- guns in schools, and the American West
- blogs, journals, and processing
- afterwards, the laundry
- #myAmtrakWritingRetreat reprised
- chocolate, and my own #AmtrakWritingRetreat
- more on the home front ~
- hunting for home
- living through the unexpected (with equanimity?)
- road trips
- the right thing (even though…)
- rain, petrichor, and pluviophiles
- the magic of seeds…
- what feeds you?