Here’s a video that literally brought tears to my eyes. I’ve always loved Paul Simon. In his earlier incarnation (Simon & Garfunkle) he got me through one of the hardest summers of my life. Later, his music got me through one bad spot after another, and helped me celebrate the bright moments that linked the darker shadows. What a great guy — as the caption says, this is what we all thought rock’n'roll was about…
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
- tea with Grandmother (and others)
- meatloaf and dishes and errands and family…
- Happy Bodhi Day!
- Remembering Nelson Mandela, and his shifting place in American history
- just who are you calling average…?
- cancelled flights, family nights, and (eventually!) Thanksgiving
- bad choices & (broken) beginner’s heart
- family, socialism, and Thanksgiving conversations
- tranquility terrorists
- mindfulness and clear water
- tea with plastic spoons…
- meditation and sons and technology
- day 13 of Thanksgiving (in praise of laundry)
- the month of Thanksgiving
- remembering the HUMANS in the HUMANitieS
- sharing stories
- the proper study of human beings…
- no one loves a complex story, or, what no one is telling you about the Affordable Care Act
- saving wasps, and other unloved creatures
- rape culture, reprised: how can we undo it?
- the candle and the mirror
- All Hallows’ E’en
- everyday glitches and first-world problems
- on Facebook and civil conversations
- cloudy days and keeping busy
- appearances (seriously)
- plain ol’ human (loving)kindness
- (just??) breathing
- Nimrod Saturday!