Places hold the power to inspire and uplift the soul. A sacred place speaks deeply to the heart and inspires expansiveness, gratitude, awe and wonder. But there’s no need to travel far for inspiration. Inspiring places can be found every day. To inspire means literally “to breath spirit into,” “to fill with spirit.” Think of inspiring places as places that bring more energy and infuse you with the qualities they embody. A home may inspire feelings of warmth and belonging, while an airport may be a reminder to be patient in periods of transition. A beautiful, tree-filled atrium filled with light may be as inspiring as a cathedral.
Here are a few places that can put more spirit into every day.
1) A secret garden inspires going inward to explore.
2) The library inspires quiet and reflection.
3) The local aquarium inspires going deeper inside.
4) A place of worship inspires faith and peace.
5) A coffee shop encourages community connection.
6) A nearby park inspires connectedness with nature.
7) A body of water like a river, lake or ocean inspires a sense of fluidity.
8) A friend’s house inspires warmth and kindness.
9) A favorite yoga studio inspires stretching the imagination, muscles and mind.
10) A labyrinth inspires circling to the center of the Self. Find out if one is nearby at www.labyrinthlocator.com.
What places inspire you?
Bio: Debra Moffitt is author of Awake in the World: 108 Practices to Live a Divinely Inspired Life. A visionary and teacher, she’s devoted to nurturing the spiritual in everyday life. She leads workshops on spiritual practices at the Sophia Institute and other venues in the U.S. and Europe. Her mind/body/spirit articles, essays and stories appear in publications around the globe and were broadcast by BBC World Services Radio. She has spent over fifteen years practicing meditation, working with dreams and doing spiritual practices. Visit her online at http://www.awakeintheworld.com.