A Pagan's Blog

A Pagan's Blog

Kindra Arnesan tells it like it is in Louisiana

posted by Gus diZerega

Every American – every human being – should listen to this woman.  Listen closely – she has a Louisiana accent unlike the paid liars in most of the mainstream media so we northerners need to listen closely.  It’s worth it.  Here is some text but her speech is where it’s at.

Glibertarians and other corporate apologists should ponder what our new sociopathic aristocracy has in mind for us whenever human beings get in their way. Kindra knows first hand.
ADDENDUM
For those of you who have trouble with her accent and the recording, or who want to get a thumbnail of her words, ”Marinara” a commentator at 2:20 the 25th  over at Firedog Lake just posted a very nice brief description of Arnesan’s talk.  With many thanks to Marinara for a good condensation, here are the highlight below the fold.  I also just found what appears to be a good transcript of her talk.  The person who did it spent three hours doing so – felt it was that important.  I agree.

She’s some kind of community rep. for plaquemines parish, she’s part of the fishing community and she said

1. kids are getting rashes, ear infections, respiratory distress
2. BP uses “ballon and pony” as a codeword to hide the lack of action, they send out workers out for a few minutes in order to give the image of a cleanup when officials arrive on location
3. BP won’t allow respirators period.
4. There is a media blackout
5. On days with warnings for oil washing up she’s gone for a hundred miles of coast without seeing any cleanup
6. There’s virtually no booming, they put it out for show, and take it in.
7. BP has systematically lied about workers health. The case of hospitalization went through several phases, first they said food poisoning, then after that lie failed, they cited use of “pine-sol”
8. There is a media blackout as professional news pieces seem to be taken down soon after they appear.
9. living in plaquemines parish is a health hazard
10. BP is currently working to cut more costs and cut more workers.
11. BP is in charge of coast guard + NOAA efforts
12. personal testimony by the lady about oil slicks and fish kills

Cheryl Hill

posted June 26, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Thanks Gus, for raising the awareness of what this woman has encountered. I’m passing on the link to everyone I know.
I’m so angry right now I don’t even want to say anything else.

Matt Lawrence

posted June 27, 2010 at 11:16 am

Her link seems to have disappeared on YouTube in a few places. Her words need to go viral…hopefully folks can repost this talk in a few venues
I’ll be linking what I find in my blog next week…connect the dots people…the picture you’ll see is not pretty.

Gus diZerega

posted June 27, 2010 at 11:54 am

I noticed the disappearing links as well, Matt. That’s why I put this good one on my blog and also on my facebook site. I’m doing all I can to make this viral. It’s really important. If this one disappears, please let me know and I’ll find another if I can. (I also downloaded her talk, just in case.)

Pitch313

posted June 27, 2010 at 12:31 pm

This oil eruption is some sort of slow motion catastrophe. We can see it happening here, then over there, then deep down there, then a few inches under just cleaned beach sands, then in corpses drifting, then in sickened workers, then in witnesses pointing out what they see perishing, then in baffled and outraged blog posts, then elsewhere.
Some speculate that oil could pour out from the Gulf sea floor for 30 more years. If we humans and our fabulous technologies cannot stop it or suck it up.
I’m pretty sure that another 6 months or year of oil will alter that ecosystem and economy and all in ways we’d rather not experience. Let alone how the Gulf would be altered by thirty years of oil gushing.
I’ve come around to the sense that first priority here is to gain some sort of control over the oil. If we’re stuck with BP–icky as it may be–then let BP do it. Or get some other oil company to do it.
I guess that I’m feeling that urgent need to aid the ecosystem trumps my anger and contempt and whatever for the perpetrators and circumstances of perpetration.
I keep trying to puzzle out how our takes and responses might be different if this resulted from, say, an earthquake rather than a humungous human corporate screw up. I can’t, really.

Laurie

posted June 27, 2010 at 2:53 pm

So, why and how did this movie of truth suddenly dissappear???

Bill Kinsland

posted June 27, 2010 at 5:49 pm

The more money you got….the more government you can buy!…and by the way, justice is for sale to the highest bidder….can you outbid BP and Haliburton???

The L

posted June 28, 2010 at 11:44 am

I’ve been trying to tell my mother that BP is literally refusing to help clean up their own mess. She insisted that they’re “doing whatever they can.” I sent her a link to that video. Maybe she’ll listen to someone who’s actually suffering.

Cajunangel

posted June 30, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Here is another copy of the video that is still available. Kindra was also interviewed briefly by PBS Newshour. You can see that on hulu.com by seaching for PBS Newshour and watching the episode from 6/23.
I believe every word she said (and understood her well). She doesn’t have an accent. ;D I don’t think I have one either though.

More Blogs To Enjoy!!!
Thank you for visiting A Pagans Blog. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: The Latest on Pagan and Earth-Based Religions Happy Reading!!!

posted 9:39:40am Jul. 06, 2012 | read full post »

Earth Day and the Sacredness of the Earth
I think Earth Day is a particularly important moment for contemplation and commitment by us Pagans.  Often American Christian critics accuse us of “pantheism,” and in a important respect they are right.  We do find the sacred, most of us, in the earth without reference to any transcendental sp

posted 11:57:03am Apr. 20, 2012 | read full post »

Instructive examples on why interfaith work is a good idea
I deeply believe the problems in our country are more of the heart than of the head. Here are some youtubes courtesy of John Morehead of the Evangelical Chapter of the Foundation for Religious Diplomacy on Facebook. They speak more eloquently than anything I can write that interfaith work is a good

posted 1:08:25pm Apr. 12, 2012 | read full post »

The controversy over Pink Slime - and what it means.
The controversy over pink slime is helping educate Americans to the fact that corporations are as beneficial to agriculture as they are to politics. Tom Laskawy put it pithily: “What pink slime represents is an open admission by the food industry that it is hard-pressed to produce meat that won’

posted 4:03:07pm Apr. 11, 2012 | read full post »

How the "war on religion' backfired into a war on women
Here  is a really good article by Tina DuPuy on how the Republicans got themselves into such a mess with America's more intelligent women.  Left undiscussed is how the extreme pathological masculinity of both their deity and their leaders made that slip so very easy.

posted 12:12:35pm Apr. 11, 2012 | read full post »