Imagine if every day was be an angel day and we were all committed to being someone’s angel. What an incredible world this would be! I used to have a bumper sticker that said, “Commit random acts of kindness and senseless beauty.” I am sure there are many, many ways to be someone’s angel and I would love to see you add some of your suggestions in the comments. And if you have a story of how someone was an angel to you, please share it with us.
Tomorrow I am going to have a Word Cloud contest and give away copies of my latest book, but I’ll tell you all about that tomorrow, so check back in the morning.
7 Ways To Be An Angel
- Commit random acts of kindness: put quarters in parking meters, when you are going through a toll booth pay for the person behind you, or pay for someone’s coffee. You get the idea.
- Help someone out: with no expectation of a thank you or a monetary return. Carry someone’s groceries, cut a neighbor’s lawn, sweep the street, pick up litter, offer to walk someone’s dogs.
- Thank someone sincerely: send your parents a thank you note, send a thank you card to a friend, make it a point to thank the cashier, tell all the people in your life what they mean to you.
- Make a difference in someone’s life: visit someone in a nursing home, help with a literacy program, volunteer at a hospital, work with a hospice, feed the homeless
- Offer to house sit so a friend can get away: this one is pretty self-explanatory. Give a friend a vacation by taking care of their house and their children
- Swap jobs with someone: when you walk a mile in someone else’s shoes, you really get to know them. Give someone a day off by doing their job for a day.
- Organize a community project: there are so many things you can do to improve your community. Clean up a vacant lot and plant a garden, work with Habitat for Humanity to build homes, paint out graffiti, pick up litter along the highway.
I’d love to hear your ideas of other ways to share your love and light and laughter and be an angel in someone’s life. It is amazing how good it feels to give for the sheer act of giving.
With love and aloha,
Angels are everywhere and remember you are one, too.