The Church of Jesus Christ

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Jarom
8/10/2003 11:07 AM
33 out of 47

The Church of Jesus Christ operates on authority via Sidney Rigdon and the tenacity of William Bickerton who forged a re-birth of the original restoration church. His example is of one who recognized truth and error and made mistakes himself, but in the end died true to the faith. Falsely accussed, he bore the burden of being out of fellowship for many years until his name was cleared in a legal court action. Not many would seek re-admission to fellowship in a church that had takien such action, but Bickerton was no ordinary man.
A very humble soul.

ccpoodle
8/17/2003 7:35 AM
34 out of 47

~I am a bit puzzled why you said only one priesthood. Does not D%C 13 and several Bible passages infer at least two priesthoods?
Jarom typed:~ 3) We have ONE priesthood---the original one that we feel Joseph Smith had bestowed on him and Oliver Cowdery when they were made first and second elders of the Church in the beginning. This is the priesthood after the order of the Son of God as spoken of in the Book of Mormon. We feel the attempts to establish TWO priesthoods were misplaced efforts to "steady the Ark" and as such were not correct.
~please explain. Neil~

Jarom
8/17/2003 10:30 PM
35 out of 47

We may need to take this to the Mormon Issues as I will just answer your question here. Do NOT respond with a counter-argument---open a separate thread over there if you want to discuss this further and invite me there.

We do not accept the D&C as it has ALTERED and FALSIFIED revelations in it. Joseph Smith proof-read the Book of Commandments; there is no reason to accept the alterations that added PH offices that did NOT exist at the time these revelations were originally given. How do you explain the cover-up of these actions in which certain numbers of published papers were re-issued with alterations supporting the changed revelations?

The separation of the PH into two bodies was an attempt to "steady the Ark", IMHO. There is but ONE Priesthood today: The Priesthood After the Order of the Son of God. Before Christ's sojourn here, it was called the Melchezidek PH. Christ was the LAST High Priest. The addition of the office in THIS dispensation was NOT part of the restoration as David Whitmer pointed out. It was a mistake.

The PH of Aaron is just a part of the PH and the LDS have turned it into something quite different than what it once was.

In this dispensation, only the church offices that Christ set up are "restored" offices: 12 Apostles, Seventy Evangelists, elders, teachers, deacons and women servants or deaconesses. Other than 12 Apostles and 70 Evangelists, there is no limit on the latter offices numbers.

Hope that helps.

Jarom

Jarom
9/22/2003 10:30 PM
36 out of 47

The Church of Jesus Christ is stepping up its missionary work and I received a nice brochure from the missionary committee about it recently.

I look forward to seeing it unfold and will post any significant activities of general interest.

Jarom

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook