Evacuees

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Hatman
9/12/2005 6:50 AM
5 out of 30

Convert-
One of the apocropha(Wisdom or Sirach, I forget which) has a saying which goes, "One who despises small things will fail, little by little."

Makes sense to me; the macrocosm could not exist without the microcosm.

Capamo-
I'm sorry I have nothing to contribute as regards personal experience with refugees; however, the simple words "As you would others do unto you, do also unto them" should suffice.

With goodwill to all-

Hatman

capamo
9/12/2005 7:32 AM
6 out of 30

Thank y'all so much. It's given me some things to think about, and I've passed some suggestions on to my pastor.

lynn_1217
9/12/2005 7:59 AM
7 out of 30

I got a great story of evacuees from over the weekend.

I live in SC and there is a Methodist Church here that has a disaster relief thing all set up. They were set up to leave and get over 50 in Atlanta that had been on a bus but broke down.

That group of fifty ended up getting swooped up by a group in KY but...the group from the Methodist Church went and picked up another group of 18 or so.

ANYWAY..they traveled about 10 miles and stopped for gas. They had brought two blue bird busses because they weren't sure how many were going to be in that one particular area.

A man at the gas station had noticed the kind of "evacuee"-look on some of the faces and asked what was going on. The leader of our towns church told him what was going on. They were from Biloxi, broke down in Atlanta, now we were hear to bring them to our town. He said..." I will pay for all of your gas! ". WOW. Two Blue Bird buses at around $3.30 a gallon. WOO-HOO!

OH, but that is not ALL!!. It was late, and these people hadn't eaten a HOT meal in over two days. The pastor took them to a close by restaraunt and told them to "Order up" whatever they desired. Guess WHAT...

That same man who paid for the gas was already there! He came over and of course sat and talked...he picked up ALL the meals. With the people and church members, that was 27 MEALS!

BUT..that was NOT ALL...He also said seeing as he seemed to be at the right place at the right time TWICE for these people, he cut a check to the church for $2500 dollars to help our efforts to get these evacuees on their feet.

God is SOOOOooooo very very good.

capamo
9/12/2005 8:18 AM
8 out of 30

Excellent!!!

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook