An Inconvenient Truth

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

earthrep
2/8/2007 8:51 AM
73 out of 127

"Those among us that fell for this attitude and ran up significant debt purchasing cumbersome and largely unnecessary SUVs, pickups, jeeps, etc. could benefit from something... counselling?"

My feeling is this is a self-fulfilling prophecy, in which the feeble minded have largely been exploited. The absence of an apparent backup plan, in the event Armagaden failed to happen, is what seems to be lacking.

lucyxoxmarie
4/3/2007 12:48 PM
74 out of 127

I LOVED that documentry!
It was the best. It shocked me so much. I changed everything about my life after seeing it. I recycle now and didn't before. I'm doing anything I can to reduce my CO2 admissions.

PrHaug
4/5/2007 10:05 AM
75 out of 127

Yes, it is such a life changing movie, especially for the one who starred in it. We have all been exposed to just how environmentally friendly Mr. Gore is and how he diligently follows his own call to change the way we live to save the planet. We also see just how strongly he believes his own position and how he firmly he has his scientific facts in place because he spends whatever time is necessary defending his movie and slideshow to audiences, answering all questions with due diligence and ability. Unlike some who have a position and avoid those who question it, Mr. Gore faces his critics "mano a mano" because he has it all together.

guitaraddict3
4/11/2007 3:44 AM
76 out of 127

I'm sorry but that last post gave me a hearty laugh. Do you have any idea how much CO2 Al Gore's lifestyle must produce? The vehicles he owns, the private jets, massive home. The man consumes more energy and produces more waste and pollution than at least ten of us ordinary folks yet he calls on people to sacrifice and ruduce their energy usage, ect. I take the topic of climate change seriously, but not Al Gore.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook