Who is this John Dominic Crossan?

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Godfearing
6/26/2000 11:04 PM
1 out of 193

I have seen this guy on several broadcasts concerning the Bible.
Who is he, and who are the cast of demons he works with.
Well, if the Tribulation were to occur at this very moment , we know who would be doing the broadcast news afterwards. Peter
the Crock. Isn't ABC part of Disney, we all need to remember where this trash is originating from. Continue the Boycott!

annaguy
6/26/2000 11:59 PM
2 out of 193

john dominic crossan is a former catholic priest who insists on intellectual honesty for himself and the church. you may not agree with him, but if your only argument is "'cause the bible tells me so," then you need to look beyond the tip of your nose. there's a big world out there with a lot of information and wisdom to be gained. only faith rooted in knowledge survives when the dark night of the soul descends.

Roisin
6/27/2000 12:07 AM
3 out of 193

I think the title "former" Catholic priest tells us something about this fellow. If he has broken the vows he made to God, I see him as somewhat suspect from the outset. Intellectual freedom is often just camouflage for someone who is truly seeking to destroy something which he is unable or unwilling to believe. While I pity the man, I think he's not exercising mere intellectual freedom, but seeking to destroy or shake other people's faith because his has lost or is struggling with his own.

Godfearing
6/27/2000 12:23 AM
4 out of 193

The church has been infiltrated by people such as you and Mr. Demonic.(Amazing the-Bible warns us about people such as this, in times such as these)
My soul is not descending, but yours is still up for debate. And Yes, I do live by 'The BIBLE tells me so", not by 'Mr.Demonic tells me so'. The BIBLE is the infallible word of GOD!
As for this world I am well aware of what it has to offer, probably more so than you. You want it, you can have it. I choose life through
my Savior Jesus-The Christ. Not Death by misinformed, non- intellectual honesty.
Anyway what do you see in this guy that makes you think he is so intellectual?
When God comes to judge us all, you can say your the intellectual if you want. I'll just say I'm the Believer!

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook