Gay Scientologist?

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

zero1
12/17/2005 1:38 PM
1 out of 96

Im a member of the Learn about Scientology group on another forum. I find the Scientologist there very friendly and its a good theta group. One thing I did notice is that a few people who post there claim they are gay Scientologist. They also appear to have their own forum called "Clear Rainbow". Has any other Scientologist heard of this group? Its my understanding that homosexual behavour is an abberation. To me there is no doubt about this, and the E/D of the local center has said the same as well. I hope I dont offend anyone by saying this But it looks like an outpoint.

ZERO1

theta-1
12/17/2005 8:48 PM
2 out of 96

I would agree with you, zero. There are Scientologists out in L.A. claiming to be homosexual and that Church staff are aware of this. I'm not sure what to make of it myself. Knowing of two people who were homosexual before auditing, and heterosexual after, this strongly supports Hubbard's written view of homosexuality as aberrant behavior.

zero1
12/17/2005 9:40 PM
3 out of 96

theta-1
12/17/2005 8:48 PM 2 out of 2

I would agree with you, zero. There are Scientologists out in L.A. claiming to be homosexual and that Church staff are aware of this. I'm not sure what to make of it myself. Knowing of two people who were homosexual before auditing, and heterosexual after, this strongly supports Hubbard's written view of homosexuality as aberrant behavior.

Theta, I'll have to look into this more because I just dont have enough data to make an evaluation. Im all for dissim, but one post said there is a plan to make a new cover for the Way to Happiness book just for the gay community. Also there is mention of the OSA giving a briefing about this subjct I would like to check that out too.

ZERO1

theta-1
12/18/2005 11:46 AM
4 out of 96

I do know that The Way to Happiness Foundation has their own printing press, and can make specialized covers for just about anyone. I think the principles in the book would apply to homosexuals just as much as they apply to heterosexuals, so targeting the gay community with such a moral code can't be a bad thing.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook