Can Something Good Come of This?

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

comcon
9/17/2001 10:22 PM
1 out of 121

As I stood in synagogue today singing America the beautiful -- America the beautiful in synagogue! -- I thought for the first tiome that maybe something good can come of this tragedy. Yes, people are coming together. And people seem more profoundly grateful for what they have. Will it last? I don't know. I hope so.

Are there other Good Things that are coming out of this tragedy?

msb
9/17/2001 10:46 PM
2 out of 121

Yes. Maybe the American people will wake up and pressure their leaders to stop all kind of aids to Israel untill it withdraws from all the occupied territories and leave the Palestinians alone.

elohimgawd
9/17/2001 10:48 PM
3 out of 121

i hope the waking up is a bit more profound than that.

venitia
9/18/2001 10:48 AM
4 out of 121

Yes. Something good can come out of this. What we've seen this week is the first draft of history - the day the world changed. But it's up to us now, the people who are affected by this, to determine how that change takes place. Either it will be the day that evil prevailed and the world realised that everything was pointless, futile and tainted. Or it will be the day that people joined together to make something more of it. It could be the day that people woke up to the shallowness and superficiality of their current existance compared to the loss of life and devestation that occur4ed. It could be the day that people reassesed their priorities and decided the live their livs more fully. It could be the day that people put aside petty arguments and troubles, and made a concerted effort to reconnect with their family and loved ones. It could be the day that the world woke up.
Yes, 5000 people died. and yes, it was horrendous. But it is up to us, the billions that are left, to ensure that they did not die in vain. We can take the momentus of this and make the world a nicer place for it.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook