Gratitude

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

BeliefnetCommunity
9/13/2001 5:11 PM
1 out of 95

As you live through the tragedy of the terrorist attacks on the U.S., have you found anything for which you can be thankful?

Please share it here.

con-oo
9/13/2001 5:14 PM
2 out of 95

I'm STILL damn proud to be an American. God bless America!

AppleDane
9/13/2001 5:21 PM
3 out of 95

In these days every citizen of the democratic world is American. I am thankful that the world is showing this. I am thankful that, even as we speak, the world is comming to the aid of the US and not just "doing it's own thing"

I hope to be thankful that this will strengthen the world and help us put out pointless bickering and struggling aside.

Jesper

resonance
9/13/2001 5:58 PM
4 out of 95

My dearest friend in the world was standing at the foot of the second tower when it came down. He had run outside of his nearby office to try to help. He was looking up at the fire, when he saw the building begin to collapse. He ran for his life, but was overtaken by the advancing cloud of dust. Gasping for breath, unable to see, he crouched in a doorway as it covered him. Finally, covered with dust, he was able to make his way to the Battery and escape. Miraculously, he was not physically hurt. He was deeply traumatized, and it will take months and years for him to begin to cope with what we witnessed and experienced. But he survived and was able to return home yesterday.

I have not ceased to give thanks since I first heard from him that he was okay.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook