Explaining terrorism to children

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

BeliefnetCommunity
9/13/2001 5:06 PM
1 out of 10

How are you helping your children cope with the terrorist attacks on the U.S.? Have they seen it on TV? How do you talk to them about it?

Muselore91101
9/14/2001 1:06 PM
2 out of 10

Please visit this tribute webpage and sign the guestbook. It aims to bring messages of hope and healing throughout the world. The people affected by this tragedy can really use your support. It's important that we all reach out to each other and comfort each other. Pass this site on to anyone you can think of. Our prayers and thoughts are with you all. Thank you.

http://muselore.homestead.com/Remembrance.html

imascriber
9/15/2001 12:48 AM
3 out of 10

Tuesday was one of my children's birthday.

We are dealing with the situation on a question by question basis. I attempt to think before I speak not always achieveing my goal and answering only the question asked. I want to hear their take on what they are seeing, and hearing so I can understand what their concerns are and then address them. I try to tell them the truth as best to my ability, no sugar, no lemon, just as striaght as possible.

StepMonster1
9/17/2001 5:25 PM
4 out of 10

I watched the second tower fall that morning while I was getting ready for work and to take my two six year olds to school. THey were in my bedroom w/ me when it happened. I cried, almost histerrically. They were quite upset when they saw my reaction to the whole thing. Then the questions came. "What's the World Trade Center, what do they do there?" What is War?" "Why do bad people do mean things?" "Does God still love the bad people?" How do you explain these things to such small unsuspecting children? I really want to know this.

My son called the WTC a "Castle" because the buildings are so tall. He is only three and very drawn to the whole tragedy. Being a parent, our children look to us for answers to their many questions. Right now I feel inadequate because I want to know the answers to their questions too.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook