Claiming to be Muslims

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

rozewind
9/12/2001 1:08 AM
1 out of 6

As Salaam Alaikum,

I am in my room in Boulder, did not go into work or my meeting after my brother woke me up to give me the terrible news this morning. One of my friends here
in Boulder office told me that he'd heard someone say: "All of the Middle East should be bombarded".
Obviously, this was no incentive to go to work.
I have been in front of the TV all day, listening to how the Palestinians were celebrating the tragedy. That was not good to watch. You always wonder, what people think of you as a person, just because a selected few Muslims do such things. Whatever, the reasons might be. Your mind constantly churns with so many different thoughts. And thru it all you want to be able to help not only the Muslims going thru bad times in the Middle East, but also the innocent victims of this morning
tragedy. May Allah help us all, Ameen.

Anyway, I don't know how many of you have been in front of the TV as much as I have been. Not much one can do in hotel room. I have switching channels back and forth and had channel 9 on for a while: This is what they said: That all the Muslim citizens of the US should not be held responsible for what happened this morning.
In fact, not even the Muslim countries should be blamed.
That the US has been getting calls from all the Middle East countries, condemning this morning's activities.
In fact, the US probably needs help from countries like Jordan. Words like, Islamic country or Jihad should not be used. This was added with a word of caution to all Muslims, especially women who dress in the Islamic attire] to stay in doors as much as possible.
It is highly possible that all our emails are being scrutinized by Motorola IT dept. If it is, I just want to make sure that folks understand that this email is
being sent to make the Muslims of America feel better about this morning. Also I want to share the caution that was aired for Muslim women on Channel 9. We, the Muslims of America, feel just as bad as any other person about what happened this morning. We condemn it as much as any other peace loving people.
I miss home.

One last thing, I want to Mention AGAIN

ISLAM DOES NOT TEACH TO HATE. WE AMERICAN MUSLIMS ARE NOT THE ONES WHO DID THIS PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT OUT ON US. I JUST HEARD THAT 2 OF MY ARAB FRIENDS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WERE DRIVING, AND WHEN STOPPED AT A RED LIGHT, WERE FORCED OUT OF THEIR CAR AND BEAT!

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SAKE OF ISLAM ! ALLAH PLEASE HELP US ! PLEASE HELP US !
AMEEN

heartless
9/12/2001 11:58 AM
2 out of 6

Salam,

Everything inshallah will be ok, just becareful and not go out if you can and dont walk alone for the next few days.

Salam

joyful64
9/16/2001 6:05 PM
3 out of 6

I am not a Muslim. And until reading the information on this website had no real understanding of the Islamic faith. Most definitely, it is the ignorance of human beings that causes them to act the way that they have in the past week. If "Americans" knew how other Americans felt and understood their beliefs, we wouldn't be hearing about the backlash of the terrorists actions. I myself have held a different view of the Islamic faith for quite some years until coming to this site. I lived with a student from Saudi Arabia when I was in college in the 80's. He introduced me to many different traditions and I thought I understood him, but he never really explained his beliefs. He shocked me one night when we watched the news about terrorism in a mid-eastern country when he stood up and said he would kill any Jew if he had a gun. At that point my view of Islam became skewed and I wasn't sure what to think. What drew me to this website was that I have read stories about how other people of different faiths have joined to rally around Muslims in America. I wanted to know more, so I clicked on a link and learned a little about Islam by reading. I am very glad I did. I knew in my heart that no faith could sanctify the senseless killing of other human beings. I only wish that others would find out what they can about Islam instead of taking out their frustrations on innocent people. There should be other ways of informing people so that we don't have more tragedies. Please have faith in the will of many good people. Peace be with you.

Luv4Islam
9/16/2001 9:46 PM
4 out of 6

...and with all

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook