so..hows about them stem cells?

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

KnowledgeNOW
6/6/2001 7:27 PM
1 out of 152

This is not the most appropiate message board for this subject, but I've noticed there are a lot of people with very outspoken personalities who frequent this section. So, in hopes of getting some definitive views on the matter, I'll pose this question: how does everyone feel about stem cell research and more importantly, research involved in embryonic stem cell advances? I've recently done some studing on the matter and found the political red tape appalling. Not only do embryonic stem cells hold the potential for curing some of the most devastating chronic diseases known to man, they also hold equal potential in the ability to regenerate nerve tissue in crippled patients! Yes, the procedure for extracting embryonic stem cells does destroy the embryo, but in a situation like this, where this research could save and vastly improve people's lives, I feel this is one of the rare times when the ends justifies the means! So, what do you think?

Ishie-1013
6/6/2001 8:08 PM
2 out of 152

I'd need to know a lot more about the studies, the processes, and the like to form an informed opinion. Right now it's in my "interesting" file. (G)

Ishie

KnowledgeNOW
6/6/2001 10:01 PM
3 out of 152

Well, heres some really nice and simple sites to start with:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/res_stem.htm

http://www.nih.gov/news/stemcell/primer.htm

-KnowledgeNOW
Why? because knowledgeLater isn't as fun.

KnowledgeNOW
6/6/2001 10:10 PM
4 out of 152

Hey, heres an incomplete list of different chronic illnesses that have great potential to be cured or reduced in severity with the aid of proper stem cell research.

broken bones, severe burns, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, brain damage due to oxygen starvation, infertility, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, spinal cord injuries, strokes, glaucoma,AID's, cystic fibrosis,lymphoma.

The limited research that has already gone underway has seen some amazing conclusions in regards to stem cells and their practical appliance to these problems.

-KnowledgeNOW
Excited? You should be.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook