Divine DNA

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

KWinters
12/14/2006 11:37 AM
1 out of 89

Obviously this will have to be a hypothetical question, but as Christians believe Jesus was both fully human and fully god, if we could get a sample of Jesus' DNA do you think it would look any different from the DNA of other human beings?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

SecondSonOfDavid
12/14/2006 11:46 AM
2 out of 89

I don't think so, no.

The simple explanation is that as "fully man", the body chemistry of Jesus Christ must (I believe) be just like anyone else's chemistry, including DNA.

Also, I believe that what set Jesus apart was His spiritual identity - He said to His disciples that they would do as he did, and the Bible records that Peter once walked on water, because of his faith in Christ. That is, it is not the DNA which makes Jesus different, but His holiness, a quality given by God through faith and obedience.

river8101
12/14/2006 11:49 AM
3 out of 89

If he existed, he'd have the same DNA as any human. (imo)

convert1
12/14/2006 11:55 AM
4 out of 89

I think it would look exactly the same as any other human's DNA.

Well, not exactly, but you know what I mean! ;)

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook