Evangelical Leader Outed?

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Rxman
11/3/2006 8:39 AM
1 out of 139

Evangelical Leader Accused of Gay Affair Resigns
By CATHERINE TSAI, AP

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Nov. 3) - The president of the National Association of Evangelicals, an outspoken opponent of gay marriage, has given up his post while a church panel investigates allegations he paid a man for sex.
=======================================================

Speaking of oxyMORONS, the leader of the anti-GAY, anti-ABORTION, "hate the sin, love the sinner" evangelicals is, allegedly, 'outed' for having a homosexual (can't you just hear Falwell pronouncing this for effect during one of his sermons...)affair unbeknownst to his WIFE.

As the parent of a gay daughter and stauch PC advocate, this type of deal is simply befuddling. How someone can hold 'evangelical views', preach about them, legislate them, lead others with similar views, all the while holding similar is curious, and common. It is also pathetic.

Personally, I am, ah, unappreciative of hypocritical, religious weasels such as this gentleman criticising my beliefs on abortion.

Does anyone else have a take on this unfortunate development?

Sincerely,

Rx

pbfared
11/3/2006 10:43 AM
2 out of 139

How sad for this man it must be to have to live a life of such deception. I wonder what kind of self-loathing it takes for someone to make a career out of "PL" & anti-gay positions, all the while living a secret life of drugs and sex with a male prostitute.
Yes, IMO, this reflects another slice of the hypocrisy of the RR in relation to sexual matters, and is reinforcement for viewing those people with scepticism.

justme333
11/3/2006 12:41 PM
3 out of 139

He says it is not true, and resigned to keep his church out of the fray. I have no idea if it is true or not, and do not care one way or the other, other than to feel badly for him if it is indeed true and his entire life and vocation have been based upon lies. Irregardless, this thread does not belong on the abortion board and as such, I am going to move it to the sexual orientation board - but not sure it belongs there either, but do not know what else to do with it.

Justme333
Beliefnet COmmunity Host
Abortion Debate Board

SirronRex
11/3/2006 12:52 PM
4 out of 139

It was only a matter of time before this type of hypocrisy was exposed.

Every time these religious nuts get power they come crashing down as the hypocritical fools that they are. Just like when the "moral majority" found power, the Jimmy Swaggarts, Tammy Fayes, and Jim Bakers will get exposed and the truly foolish, those that follow them, will look the other way and continue the charade that they themselves have nothing to hide.

Fools all.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook