favorite psalms

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

tina_g
5/24/2001 5:33 PM
1 out of 158

I love Psalm 23, the one that begins "the lord is my shepherd." It really has some beautiful, lasting imagery in just a few simple lines.

But I'm curious to know what other people consider beautiful psalms in the Bible. What are your favorites?

Thanks for responding!

Tina

JesusFreak85
5/24/2001 8:18 PM
2 out of 158

I consider Psalm 22 to be one of my favorites, even though it's not pretty, because it foreshadows Jesus' suffering and it quotes the exact words that he would say and some of the things that would happen before he died on the cross.

bigboss
5/25/2001 8:41 PM
3 out of 158

It's hard for me to say what my favorite psalm is because I get comfort from a whole lot of them.
When I need healing I read #103.We find that the the Lord heals all our sicknesses&forgives all our sins.
To find out how far the Lord reached down for me read #40, which says that he lifted me out of the miry clay&set my feet on the solid rock&He has put a new song in my heat.
The last few psalms deals with our worship to the Lord &how we are to rejoyce in the Lord.
I could go on&on.
No doubt ther are certain psalms that one should not read when visiting some one that's in the hospital.

livingfragrance
5/26/2001 1:12 AM
4 out of 158

Ps. 23 will always be one of my favorites because it helped me through a very serious illness, and I know without a shadow of a doubt, that the Lord sent an angel to hold me up until I could get the help I needed.
The other Ps. I love is Ps. 125. The Lord gave me that one when my son was small and was being threatened by some unruly neighbor kids. Some much bigger than him. I prayed and asked for guidence and the Lord told me to read Ps. 125. I did, and I told my son about it and I told him we will have to deal with our neighbors according to this Psalm. We did, and in a matter of weeks my son and the neighbor kids became good friends. Even their mother, (who BTW wanted to cause me great bodily harm too) came to my door offering her assistance when she found out my car was broken down. I don't know what exactly the Lord did, but He did something to change their hearts. All we have to do is obey His Word.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook