Where Is McVeigh Going?

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

beliefnet@morality
5/10/2001 3:26 PM
1 out of 339

What do you think will happen to Timothy McVeigh's soul after his execution?

revinpitts
5/10/2001 5:18 PM
2 out of 339

McVeigh is unrepentent andproud of his atrocity.

It's reported that he has sought no spiritual advisor. In his interviews, he quotes lyrics from AC/DC and other hard rock bands, but does not even attempt to justify himself using any greater moral or spiritual authority.

Tim McVeigh has chosen to separate himself from God and humanity, and to base his existence on self-righteous anger and alienation. That's a pretty good description of hell.

I don't believe that God willingly sends anyone to hell. As a Christian, I don't wish sucha fate for anyone, either. But there are people who insist on it. Tim McVeigh may well be one.

For his sake, I hope not. But it's not my call.

American3.14
5/10/2001 5:19 PM
3 out of 339

I don't believe in the existence of the soul, so I think his life as a human will be over. End of story. Sort of. The elements of his body will become part of the earth, part of the air. Some day a meteor could hit the Earth and the particles that were once Timothy McVeigh could become space dust.

revinpitts
5/10/2001 5:20 PM
4 out of 339

McVeigh is unrepentent andproud of his atrocity.

It's reported that he has sought no spiritual advisor. In his interviews, he quotes lyrics from AC/DC and other hard rock bands, but does not even attempt to justify himself using any greater moral or spiritual authority.

Tim McVeigh has chosen to separate himself from God and humanity, and to base his existence on self-righteous anger and alienation. That's a pretty good description of hell.

I don't believe that God willingly sends anyone to hell. As a Christian, I don't wish sucha fate for anyone, either. But there are people who insist on it. Tim McVeigh may well be one.

For his sake, I hope not. But it's not my call.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook