Great Hafiz Quote

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

LotusSpring
12/4/2004 11:31 AM
1 out of 12

Here's a fantastic quote:
"I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of you own being."
-Hafiz

Isn't that great? Don't you think if all people believed in this, so much bloodshed would end?

ExPluribusUnum
5/14/2005 4:50 PM
2 out of 12

I love the poetry of Hafiz! My interest (or curiosity?) in Sufism is mainly derived from my readings of his works. There's some great stuff there....I do wish more people read him.

PAX
EPU

joyful5000
5/20/2005 2:07 PM
3 out of 12

"I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of you own being."
-Hafiz

The quote is stunning in its simplicty of words and complexity of meaning. If indeed all of humanity could pause for only a moment and see the divine "light of your own being" the possibilites for good would be without limit.

When I am inspired by something so powerful, I feel renewed in my hope for this world that has long turned in the darkness of greed, anger, fear, confusion, and pain.

Thank you for posting a quote that sparks the light in each one of us.

joyful5000
5/20/2005 2:32 PM
4 out of 12

Here is another great Hafiz quote:

Even after all this time,
the sun never says to the earth,"You owe me."
Look what happens with a love like that.
It lights the whole sky.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook