Caroline Myss

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

darrinwow
2/24/2003 2:34 PM
1 out of 14

Hey

Have any of U read Caroline Myss' work? It's great stuff. Read "Anatomy of the Spirit" it's by far the best.

I found great health benifits just from getting a better understanding of energy medicine and the chakras.

gwelt
2/25/2003 12:20 AM
2 out of 14

I love her book "Sacred Contracts". A great book for self discovery. I've seen her a few times on PBS also.

blessed be.

CandaceVan
7/31/2004 12:32 PM
3 out of 14

I find Myss's credentials questionable and at least some of her ideas abhorrent.

Consider for example, this Sounds True squib about her CD titled "Why People Don't Heal": "Dr. Myss... shares the startling truth about the hidden barriers to healing on Why People Don't Heal.... We do not heal, Dr. Myss observes, because we use our illnesses (or "wounds") as a way of gaining intimacy and even personal power over others."

This "startling truth," which was revealed by her "unique approach," is nothing more than the old saw that sick people _want_ to be sick and "use" illness to gain attention and power. This is a breakthrough concept?

As a chronically ill person, I find this not only not helpful, but discriminatory and hurtful. Those of us who are seriously ill or disabled get dumped on enough without "Doctor" Myss adding to the abuse.

There should be a special category for charlatans who are worse than harmless or unhelpful, and she'd be my first pick for who to put into it.

Just my two cents' worth,
--Candace

texasclown
7/31/2004 5:44 PM
4 out of 14

thanks, candace, for your honest reply. i was encouraged to read myss' work because of some of the chronic issues i deal with. i found her concept of "woundology" very disturbing--it's as if she's saying we choose to be wounded and, as my former friend pointed out, use our history to stay in pain.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook