War With Iraq
This is an archive of past discussions from the News & Society boards that have not been active recently, or have grown too large and have been honorably retired. They are preserved here as a record of this communityís history.
<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

jan_rn
1/19/2003 9:29 PM
1 out of 442

I was interested in hearing what others think about this. I'm very worried that Bush is making a huge mistake here, but I really am not certain. Is our country really up to taking care of every dictator in the world who gets these weapons? Is this a sign of end times? Is our country becoming an aggressor nation? What do other Christions think?

clyde5001
1/19/2003 9:34 PM
2 out of 442

Jan,

Let me give you an example:

There is a street in Baghdad called the Avenue of Traitors. And it literally is. Several years ago, Hussein had thousands of "traitors" dragged out to an unpaved street. They were forced to lie in the street, and then they were paved, alive, with asphalt into the street. Where their bodies remains to this day.

He is evil incarnate and must be dispatched by whatever means possible.

davelaw40
1/19/2003 11:00 PM
3 out of 442

We have by default become the Rome of the 21st century. The only way we can continue to assure democracy for ourselves is by exporting it to the rest of the world. Where that fails, we should take a stand if a nation's aggression threaten to go beyond there own borders. Thats why Iraq and N. Korea are in our gunsights and Iran is being manipulated into having a new "revolution". Also look to regime change in Cuba within the next 6 years.

withwonderingawe
1/19/2003 11:19 PM
4 out of 442

I have four grandchildren and one on the way. I want them to live in peace, but peace without fear. I donít want them to grow up worrying that a bomb might go off on their bus or some chemical might come in the mail. If we look the other way, it wonít go away.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright © Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook