Pagan at School

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

Visit Beliefnet’s Teens Channel for great articles, Pastor Paul, and more.
<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

AngelBabyX
9/16/2000 8:41 PM
1 out of 53

Last year a good friend of mine was told to take his pentacle off. But Christian kids were crosses all the time. What's with that? It's not fair, and I won't stand for it. My books and folders are decorated with pentagrams and triple moons. I've gotten a few wierd looks, but most people are just curious. But I'm getting this gorgeous pentacle necklace next week, and frankly, I'm a tad worried. I'm sure they'll make me take it off, but I will fight as hard as I can.
Anyone else have discrimination like this in their school? Not just for Pagans, but anybody?

gabrielk
9/16/2000 11:03 PM
2 out of 53

I guess it all depends on where you live. Where I live (Virginia), people have all SORTS of jewelery, tattoo's, and other assorted religious items, including crosses, Pentagrams, flipped pentagrams, etc..., and unless it's something vulgar, it's never asked to be removed. Religious separation and freedom is something valued where I live, and I would hope it is everywhere.

shortbusrider
10/2/2000 9:28 AM
3 out of 53

Im not supporting pagans but you do have a right to wear your necklace. If they don't make other kids take off their crosses then they should not make you take off your relgious symble

GeminiWench
10/9/2000 6:34 AM
4 out of 53

Angel,
theres ALOT of there around (Thankfully not where I am) In Texas right now, they are trying to take all religious symbols (except crosses and crucifixes) out of schools. They were proclaiming that Pentacles, Pentagrams, Ankhs, Star of David, etc as "Gang Symbols". Let's just hope that worldwide, people will have the freedom to wear their religious symbols and feel safe from religious persecution and harrassment (even assult and murder in parts of the world,.. America as well!)

Shortbusrider, even tho you may not support Angels, or my religious choice, thankyou for supporting ours (and everybody elses) right to wear religious paraphanelia. Thankyou for your respect.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright © Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook