I like being Hindu

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Community
12/4/2000 8:31 PM
1 out of 38

Here's a chance to focus on the good stuff and tell others why you like your religion. What makes you happy about belonging to it? What fond memories or present-day experiences have enriched your life? Accentuate the positive and tell us "why I like being Hindu"!

Community
12/4/2000 9:46 PM
2 out of 38

(And don't forget to visit our Hinduism discussion boards!)

pras
3/22/2001 5:56 PM
3 out of 38

I like being a Hindu because It gives me freedom to understand whole world by countless way.
It is like SUN ray, Looks white from outside , when U enter inside "It is full of COLOR". It reflects life. Co-existence with nature...... and Countless way.

saraswati
3/24/2001 9:29 AM
4 out of 38

I love the many gods and goddesses which are both mythological interpretations and poetic avenues to the many facets of God, and the concept of Ishtadevita which says that God manifests to each individual heart according to that person's most sacred desire.

I love the beauty and ancient holiness of the Sanskrit language, containing the vibrations of God.

I love that Hinduism brings Divine awareness to each aspect of an individual from the body, to the mind, to the spirit, the emotions, the intellect.

I love that Hinduism embraces contradiction in the acknowledgement that our minds cannot contain the vastness of God.

I love that, in Hinduism, God can be both formless and nameless, or with form and name, and the form and name can be whichever you choose.

I love that Hinduism embraces and respects the Truth in every religion.

I love that religious Hindus love and appreciate religious people of every faith.

I love the Bhagavad Gita.

I love the simplicity of Hinduism: Do good and be good.
Serve, love, give, purify.

I love the complexity of Hinduism with its sciences and arts, Scriptures, literature and music.

I love that Hinduism is not conceived as a religion, but as Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Way of Truth.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook