I like being Baha'i

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Community
12/4/2000 8:23 PM
1 out of 29

Here's a chance to focus on the good stuff and tell others why you like your religion. What makes you happy about belonging to it? What fond memories or present-day experiences have enriched your life? Accentuate the positive and tell us "why I like being Baha'i"!

Community
12/4/2000 9:42 PM
2 out of 29

(And don't forget to visit our Baha'i Faith discussion boards!)

Starj9
12/8/2000 11:28 AM
3 out of 29

I like being a Baha'i for many reasons but i will mention only a few.I was attracted to the Baha'i Faith as a worldwide Faith community,without clergy(no middlemen),where if i moved to any state or nation,without knowing anybody there,i can automatically connect with the local Baha'i's there & participate in our 19 day Feast & Holy day celebrations at their homes or at the local Baha'i center. I don't have to wait to know somebody there to be invited to their private residence because these meetings ARE the invitation.I can even vote in the elections of the local Spiritual Assembly. If i just arrive there even if i don't know the language & am from another country or i can be elected to the Assembly if i am a member in good standing. Because Baha'is have the exact same administrative system around the world & basic ways of celebrating our faith,its like a human internet.We had the human internet before the electronic internet was cool.The internet was prophecied by our founder Baha'u'llah(the Glory of God) circa 1863ad.when he stated that a means of communication will be devised worldwide which will eventually unite humanity in every respect. The other aspect i wish to mention is the Baha'i belief as stated by Baha'u'llah that the founders of the major religions all come from God and even more so,that these founders are of equal spiritual station to each other,that all have equal authority from the creator to do his will while they are here on Earth until the next one comes to establish his religion & message. Baha'i's accept all future religions & their founders.As long as the human race exists,God will send the "Manifestations" of his spirit to educate the human race,spiritually & upgrade their societies.The assurance of continuous updating of religion & upgrading of society for as long as the human race exists is the guarantee that our Creator will never forget us or ever leave us without guidance. Allah'u'Abha, Joe

dschellb
12/12/2000 11:01 AM
4 out of 29

I like being a Baha'i because of the spiritual upliftment that the writings of Baha'u'llah give me.

It also gives me a coherent view of the other world faiths, not as competitive world views, but rather as steps in the spiritual evolution of mankind.

The third aspect of the Baha'i Faith is its world view that transcends nationality, ethnicity, race, culture, and economic status in a worldwide community.

Don

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook