Anyone else tired of.....

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

noodlegirl
9/20/2001 1:32 PM
1 out of 66

seeing "GOD BLESS AMERICA" all over the place?

I know my husband and I are. I wish people would stick to "America the Beautiful" or something similar.

If there were a God, he/she/is certainly DIDN'T bless us!

tscribe
9/20/2001 5:49 PM
2 out of 66

In a sense, I'm as tired of that slogan as ever.

But you know... I still don't know what I need to get me through this. And if invoking god or a belief that he/she/it ever has, is currently or may sometime in the future bless America helps others get through it... I'm really tempted to let them have it. It isn't hurting me. When/if it starts to (I'm a little afraid of seeing theocracy develop because we're fighting people who claim their god has identically blessed them), then I'll make some noise about it.

But for now... yeah, it sucks that the slogan lumps me in with all those who actually believe god blesses us, but I'm willing to go with the flavor of patriotism that's in my heart and let others go with whatever flavor's in theirs.

tscribe

noodlegirl
9/20/2001 6:16 PM
3 out of 66

I don't begrudge any individual who may need the comfort of their religion or spirituality to help them during this, or any other difficult time. It's the businesses putting it on their signs and the politicians saying it over and over that REALLY bugs me.

I know all I need is a hug from my husband when I get upset or angry about the whole situation, and the freedom to cry or vent when I need to do so.

demas
9/20/2001 8:27 PM
4 out of 66

Greetings,

It appears to me that it is going to get a lot worse with the god stuff. With the present congress and the true believer in the White House, it looks like a return to McCarthyism. All this talk about coming together is a bunch of crap. What it really means is that we have to forget about our civil liberties and let the righteous right do their thing. So sad.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook