Barry Bonds
Neighborhood Watch: Click to report a problem ..... Apply to be the moderator
<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

stitch813
5/28/2006 9:47 PM
1 out of 20

is there anyone else out there that can't believe major league baseball let this guy pass Babe Ruth's record when he does steroids(c'mon now we all know it and Bud Selig has known it for a long time)? what does it teach our children? It's ok to cheat and lie. Some freakin role model.

BroadStreetBully
5/29/2006 10:27 PM
2 out of 20

what does it teach our children? It's ok to cheat and lie.

Yeah, but only if you are able to put lots of money into the pockets of those who would be in the position to provide repercussion to the cheating and lying. It actually is a pretty good lesson for how things really work. They that have the gold, make and ignore the rules.

nosoul
6/2/2006 12:30 PM
3 out of 20

A few years ago I didn't know "who" Barry Bonds was; I wasn't aware of the stuff that happened when he was traded from Philadelphia to San Francisco, for instance (BSB? What were your impressions, since you live/d in Philadelphia?). I know now he's a REAL JERK.

And it appears it's BECAUSE he's a REAL JERK, is the ONLY reason people are ARBITRARILY hounding Bonds & trying to convict him of murder or child sexual abuse or something.

Read my lips:

There were probably THOUSANDS of other Major League Baseball players who took steroids & other ped's (performance enhancing drugs) during the time from about when Jose Canseco (MARK MCGWIRE'S TEAMATE IN OAKLAND & RAFAEL PALMEIRO'S TEAMATE IN TEXAS) entered MLB, until just 2 years ago when MLB finally instituted a strong steroid testing policy.

EVEN PITCHERS.

Let's look at, oh, I don't know, ROGER CLEMENS. 42 years old LAST year, pitched about 1.6 ERA! Big as a Clydesdale, strong as a freaking ox, incredible & incredibly durable pitcher. Why doesn't anyone get on his case for "suspected" steroid use?

Oh, and let's look at who has ACTUALLY BEEN CAUGHT by MLB in its steroid testing policy. 2 months ago, 5 players were suspended for testing positive for steroids. 4 of the 5 were PITCHERS.

There's a real good chance that some of the biggest abusers of steroids the past 10-15 years have been PITCHERS not just hitters.

But, of course, let's just ignore all that, and only go after the Big Surly Jerky Black Guy Who Breaks All The White Guys' Records.

nosoul
6/2/2006 12:35 PM
4 out of 20

(I love the Conan O'Brien skit when he "interviewed" the baseball players who testified at Congress about steroid abuse. They used the face & body of Woody Allen for Mark McGwire.

Conan asked "Mark" why he looked "like a small 120 pound nebbishy Jewish man," and "Mark" replied, "Oh, it's nothing, Conan, you just lose a little muscle mass after you retire from baseball.")

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook