Jerry Farwell blames everyone not like him

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

thegraycat
9/14/2001 10:09 AM
1 out of 1342

Jerry Farwell came forward and blamed Pagans, feminists, lesbians, gays and abortionists for Tuesdays bombing.

I personally think that every person who lost a family member, loved one or fried should DEMAND an apology from this pompous ass.

How DARE he use this horrible tragedy to further his sick, twisted political agenda.

greyghost32570
9/14/2001 10:18 AM
2 out of 1342

I listened to Mr. Falwell's speech on Fox News and did not hear him blaming these bombings on the social misfits you have described. Although you may not like his beliefs, he at least is a loyal American, something which I can't say for you after reading your responses to some of the other postings. He does have strong convictions but he is not a pompous ass, to see one of those I suggest you look in a mirror.

AmaraS
9/14/2001 10:27 AM
3 out of 1342

This is the quote from his appearance on the 700 club:

"JERRY FALWELL: And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."

The man is sick, and Americans should tell him to sit down, shut-up and keep his opinions to himself.

thegraycat
9/14/2001 10:38 AM
4 out of 1342

Thank you for posting his quote.

Hey, Grey, alot of those "social misfits", as you call them, DIED on Tuesday, lost family and friends on Tuesday and are, as we speak, out in the trenches helping those who suffered because of Tuesday.

What is Falwell doing? Blaming them for the attack. Why? To further his own political agenda.

So basically his opinion is: well, if we were more like the Taliban and cracked down and jailed or killed all of these "social misfits",this wouldn't have happened. The man is sick.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook