for a good cause!

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

inspirationplease
5/30/2001 3:40 PM
1 out of 158

If you could give $50 to any charity, which would it be?

laura125
5/31/2001 8:34 PM
2 out of 158

it would be for congenital heart defects

MarkNow
5/31/2001 8:40 PM
3 out of 158

I tend toward direct action, such as tithing or gifting to an individual. For example, I have a friend who is a teacher in a very poor section of Chicago. When I go to the bookstore, I will buy additional books for the kids. The books provide a view of the world beyond their day-to-day existence. It is amazingly powerful to get a thank-you letter from a student. Fifty dollars also helps a woman who worked with my wife feed her extended family or pay a bill. I give because I am grateful for the abundance and prosperity in my life, and because I know that I could be in the same situation at any time regardless of my spiritual life or the work I do or anything else I think I control. I give because I receive.

kathy29
6/1/2001 7:40 AM
4 out of 158

I would give it to our churcu as right now we have a building program goin on, if not that I would give it to the Teen Mission Association. They do very many wondergul things and this summer my daughter is partcipating in one where thay are going to Barbados and will help on work on a church there and will a vacation Bible Schol for children.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook