Save the Earth

This forum has moved!
Same people, same great conversations, new location.
Please join us in the new Beliefnet Community.

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

InspirationPlease
4/5/2006 3:35 PM
1 out of 39

What should we be doing to save the earth?

tiokim
4/6/2006 1:56 AM
2 out of 39

For starters, clean up the water. What I am talking about is to eliminate all manner of water polution, to the extent that all waste water is treated before discharge to the environment. I live most of the year in a coastal area of Mexico (Nayarit) and am experiencing first-hand the profound effects of environmental neglect and total disregard for contamination of water resources. Shallow household wells are either dry or polluted, unuseable except for watering the garden. The river is contaminated, the beaches are contaminated. With just a few more years of this behavior much os this part of the world will become uninhabitable due to their inability to find water resources that are suitable for personal and potable use. Treatment costs more money than these folks can afford.

I help the local water utility with technical advise and with operator training, and I cannot do enough fast enough. In order to even begin to correct these problems the culture must be altered. Techology is of little help because of the cost. Change must begin with religion and faith. The church is the only authority capable of making the required changes in attitude in regard to the world we live in. Losing our water sources will mean loosing our culture . The church must raise consciousness in regard to the world we live in in addition to attending to our spiritual needs. Without access to safe water, there will be no society, and religion could become irrelevant, the battle for access to water might take precedence over religion and spirituality.

dracula68
4/6/2006 2:16 AM
3 out of 39

Go after the terrorist bastards who want to kill the planet and everyone on it in the name of God.

Do what we can to save Africa from political, social, and environmental obliteration.

Stop Tom Cruise before whatever it is he's infected with spreads into the general population.

turnover
4/6/2006 2:16 AM
4 out of 39

The "Earth", i.e. the planet, is not in need of saving, and will go on quite comfortably once humanity has successfully eliminated itself - by war, by disease or by just going on making its habitat uninhabitable ...

<Prev | Next>    First Page | Last Page  
This is a read-only area.

Advertisement

About Beliefnet

Our mission is to help people like you find, and walk, a spiritual path that will bring comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness. More about Beliefnet.

Legal

Copyright Beliefnet, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. Use of this site is subject to Terms of Service and to our Privacy Policy. Constructed by Beliefnet.

Advertisement

DiggDeliciousNewsvineRedditStumbleTechnoratiFacebook