Contact Your Spirit Guides and Guardian Angels
A spiritual teacher shows you how to commune with your higher nature for insights and wisdom.
3. Be clear in your intention.
The more specific you are when asking for guidance in a particular area of your life, the more that your guides and angels can assist you. Your intention will set the tone for this relationship. When your purpose is clear that you want to communicate, spirit will automatically be aware of this, and it will enable them to connect with you more effectively. Your mind-set creates an opening for them to reach you.
There is an attunement between the sender (the spirits), and the receiver (the channel), that must occur. Working with our spirit guides and angels is a two-way communication. Only when you are open to this higher guidance, can you perceive its existence in your life.
4. Do not rush the process.
Proceed slowly; do not rush the process. Pause between each step, taking as much time as you need. It is important not to have expectations, or to overreach. You want to be open, and relaxed.
5. Stretch, relax, and breathe.
- To relax and release any accumulated tension or stress, stretch (preferably standing); shake out your arms and legs as well. Stretch as much as you feel necessary until there is an increased sense of relaxation.
- Stretch again, and simultaneously sigh (a long, deep, audible sigh on the out breath). Do as many times as you feel necessary to achieve a state of relaxation.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose, filling your lungs completely; hold for several seconds, then breathe out through the mouth (making an audible sighing sound on the out breath), and relax. Do a total of three times.
- Continue to breathe deeply, and relax your body. Do not force your breathing; simply allow the natural rhythm of your breath to flow in and out.
- Become aware of the point within the breath, where there is stillness (no mental chatter), and focus your mind there. This is achieved by concentrating your attention on the quiet center that exists between the in and out breath. Continue to go deeper into that center point within, spending as much time as you need, calming and centering your mind.
6. Ask for protection.
Silently call to Source (whatever you consider to be your Higher Power), and ask to be protected. “I call now to Source and ask to be protected with the highest love and light.”