Father, I'm praying for (name one or more) and others in my circle of family or friends to know the importance of humbling themselves...
May they choose to humble themselves before You and before
Christ, for we know You detest the proud of heart. You live
in a high and holy place and with those who are contrite and
humble. (Daniel 10:12; James 4:10; Proverbs 16:5a; Isaiah 57:15)
May they desire to be like Christ, gentle and humble in heart,
living in harmony with one another, compassionate and
sympathetic, loving each other—not trying to pay back hurts
or insults but instead responding with blessings. May they be
willing to submit to You and each other out of reverence for
Christ. (Matthew 11:29b; 1 Peter 3:8–9; James 4:7; Ephesians 5:21)
May they be willing to humble themselves before You, for if
they will, Your Word says You will guide them in what is right
and teach them Your way, giving them grace and esteeming
them in Your sight. Help them to show true humility toward
all people, to clothe themselves with humility. (Psalm 25:9;
Proverbs 3:34; Isaiah 66:2b; Titus 3:2b; 1 Peter 5:5b)
Make them daily more sensitive to pride in their lives, that
they may confess it as the sin it is. In the power of the Spirit,
may they choose humility over pride at every turn.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
To Be Humble in Spirit
Top Rated Prayers
- Is It Time to Take Down the Statute of Liberty?
- Inspiring Words from Dr. Ben Carson
- Incredible Kids, Incredible Moments
- How to Trick Yourself into Living a More Productive, Hopeful Life
- How to Find Your Inner Voice
- Hands Free Mama: (A guide to putting down the phone, burning the to-do list and letting go of perfection to grasp what really matters)