May Christ keep me ever young to the greater glory of God.
For old age comes from Him, old age leads to Him,
and old age will touch me only insofar as He wills.
To be "young" means to be hopeful, energetic, smiling --- and clearsighted.
May I accept death in whatever guise it may come to me in Christ,
that is, within the process of the development of life.
A smile --- inward and outward --- means facing with mildness
and gentleness whatever befalls me.
Jesus, grant me to serve You, to proclaim You, to glorify You,
and to manifest You, to the very end through all the time
that remains to me of life, and above all through my death.
Lord Jesus, I commit to your care my last years, and my death;
do not let them impair or spoil the work I have so dreamed of achieving
for You. Amen.
Prayer of the Aging
Top Rated Prayers
- 7 Reasons The Lost Gospel Isn’t True
- 7 Reasons It's Okay To Have Interfaith Friends
- 7 Reasons Jesus Is Not A Fan Of The American Dream
- 7 Healing Promises To Help You Begin Again
- 5 Questions To Ask Before Joining A Facebook Debate
- Science Catches Up With The Bible: Study Shows Religion Doesn’t Make People Righteous