You chose, O loving God,
to enter this world
quietly, humbly, and as an outcast.
Hear our prayers
on behalf of all who are abused:
who suffer at the hands
of parents whom they trust and love;
beaten and destroyed
by the very one
who promised to love
and to cherish them forever;
for all people
ignored, hated and cheated.
by the very neighbor
who could be the closest one
to offer your love.
Hear the cry of the oppressed.
Let the fire of your Spirit fill their hearts
with the power of vision, and hope.
Grant to them empowerment to act,
that they may not be passive victims
of violence and hatred.
Fulfill for them the promises you have made,
that their lives may be transformed
and their oppression ended.
Turn the hearts of the oppressor unto you
that their living may be changed
by your forgiving love;
and their abusive actions
and oppressive ways brought to an end.
Prayer for All Who Are Abused
comments powered by Disqus
Top Rated Prayers
- Behind Martin Luther King Jr., a Public and Private Prayer Life
- 11 Weird Things Said to Pastors
- Salvó Un Mapache Bebé Y Cuando Creció No Creerás Lo Que Pasó
- 7 Important Biblical People That Messed Up
- Celebrities Spotted Attending Church
- Una Cámara Oculta en Centro de Cuidados Captó Imágenes Desgarradoras Que te Quitaran el Habla