Meditation on Lord Shiva
I prostrate myself before the five-faced Lord of Parvati, who is adorned with various ornaments, who shines like the crystal jewel, who is seated peacefully in the lotus pose, with moon-crested crown, with three eyes, wearing trident, thunderbolt, sword and axe on the right side, who holds the serpent, noose, bell, damaru and spear on the left side, and who gives protection from all fear to His devotees.
Shaantam padmaasanastham shashadharamakutam panchavaktram trinetram,
Shoolam vajram cha khadgam parashumabhayadam dakshinaange vahantam,
Naagam paasham cha ghantaam damaruka sahitam chaankusham vaamabhaage,
Naanaalankaara deeptam sphatika maninibham paarvateesham namaami.
Top Rated Prayers
- 10 Ways to Deal With Loss During the Holidays
- Three nations make surprising appeal for church’s help
- Forgiveness in the Shadow of the Amish Schoolhouse Massacre
- Is “S.A.D.” Making You Fat?
- The Christmas Candle: Are you ready for your miracle?
- Everybody Can Help Somebody: Lessons Learned From My Homeless Friend