O Lord, omnipotent Father, we give you thanks for having given us children. They are our joy, and we accept with serenity the worries, fears, and labors which bring us pain. Help us to love them sincerely. Through us you gave life to them; from eternity you knew them and loved them. Give us the wisdom to guide them, patience to teach them, vigilance to accustom them to the good through our example.
Support our love so that we may receive them back when they have strayed and make them good. It is often so difficult to understand them, to be as they would want us to be, to help them go on their way. Grant that they may always see our home as a haven in their time of need. Teach us and help us, O good Father, through the merits of Jesus, your Son and our Lord.
Parents' Prayer for Their Children
comments powered by Disqus
Top Rated Prayers
- How We All Can Preserve the National Day of Prayer
- Wisdom for Those With a Loved One Behind Bars
- Did Jesus Predict Muhammad? A Biblical Portal Between Christianity and Islam
- 7 Signs You’ve Given Your Heart to the Wrong Person
- Marriage Advice From An Unlikely Source: Divorced Men
- 10 Most Common Questions Kids Have About Divorce