Teach Me to Pray
Lord, I know not what I ought to ask of Thee; Thou only knowest what I need; Thou lovest me better than I know how to love myself. O Father! Give to Thy child that which he himself knows not how to ask. I dare not ask either for crosses or consolations; I simply present myself before Thee, I open my heart to Thee. Behold my needs which I know not myself; see and do according to Thy tender mercy. Smite, or heal; depress me, or raise me up; I adore all Thy purposes without knowing them; I am silent; I offer myself in sacrifice; I yield myself to Thee; I would have no other desire than to accomplish Thy will. Teach me to pray. Pray Thyself in me.
Top Rated Prayers
- 4 Year Old Boy Describes Heaven Before Tragically Passing Away
- It’s Summertime, but Are You ‘Hot’ on God’s Love Thermometer?
- Churches: Museums for Saints or Hospitals for Sinners?
- Why Fellowship is Crucial to Your Faith
- Balance: A Story of Faith, Family, and Life on the Line
- What Christians Want to Know But Are Afraid to Ask