INGREDIENTS for Bouquet Garni:
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon cracked peppercorns Sprig of rosemary Parsley stems
- 10 to 12 small veal shanks (at least 1/2 from lower shank) Salt and pepper to taste Olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 3 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup caper berries
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, chilled and cubed Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
What Watch Night Really Means for People of FaithWhile the Watch Night service has its roots in the Methodist church, these services...
Did You Know These Celebrities Were Devout Christians?...Over the years, Hollywood has had a strong reputation for being a spiritual...
How to Keep Christ in ChristmasAs Christians, we know the importance of keeping Christ in Christmas. Unfortunately,...
Going Out of Town: 5 Things Every Homeowner Should...Protect your home, and property before you leave for vacation.
More from Beliefnet