INGREDIENTS for Bouquet Garni:
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tablespoon cracked peppercorns Sprig of rosemary Parsley stems
- 10 to 12 small veal shanks (at least 1/2 from lower shank) Salt and pepper to taste Olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrots
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 3 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup caper berries
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, chilled and cubed Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
What Does Queen Elizabeth II Carry in Her Purse?Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has now reigned for longer than any other Biritsh...
Words of Wisdom for ThanksgivingWe love the fall, the food, and Thanksgiving. It’s a time of year to practice...
7 Tips for Surviving Long FlightsThe excitement, engaging with new cultures, and enjoying personal growth are...
Success Sundays: Bill and Melinda Gates, Co-founders...The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is pumping much-needed assistance and donations...
More from Beliefnet