page What to Tell Kids About the Economy
By Jamie Woolf
You can't turn on the TV these days without hearing words that make you want to reach for the mute button: economy, recession, layoffs, crisis. If you're constantly immersed in economic anxiety, it's likely your kids are too. Chances are you've already fielded some tough questions: What does recession mean? Will Dad lose his job? Are we going to have to move out of our house?
What do you tell children about the recession and your family's economic hardships? How do you protect your kids from worry and stress without over-shielding them--or creating needless anxiety? Here are some tips on talking to kids about the economy without scaring them.
Jamie Woolf is author of “Mom-in-Chief: How Wisdom from the Workplace Can Save Your Family from Chaos” and a leadership consultant. Learn more at www.mominchief.com.
10 Qualities Moms Should LookHere are the top 10 qualities of successful stepfathers that you should look...
10 Ways Dads Can Enjoy Quality Time with The KidsHere are ten suggestions for quality entertainment and family fun, with a bit...
3 Bad Reasons To Wait To Have A BabyWaiting years before having children can be a huge mistake. The Bible reminds...
Elderly Couple Dies Hours Apart Peacefully, Holding...A real-life ‘Notebook’ couple left the world together, hand-in-hand
More Family Features
- 10 Ways Dads Can Enjoy Quality Time with The Kids
- Studies Show Bullying Continues To Have Devastating Impact On Young People
- 4 Ways to Guide Kids to Trust Christ
- 5 Money Conversations to Have with Your Kids at Every Age and Stage
- New Year's Resolutions for Youngsters
- 6 Things to Remember When Your Child’s Grieving
- Are Homeschooled Kids Socially Awkward?
- Are We There Yet?