Talking to Kids About War
Suggested prayers, parenting advice, and teaching resources for children from religious groups.Christian Resources
The Way to Peace--Resources for Catholic Children
Special section from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops website includes activities for elementary school and high school children, as well as families and school staffs.
Children's Peace & Justice Resources
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America offers letters to parents and educators, ways to work for peace in the classroom, thoughts and quotes on peace, and more.
The Presbyterian Church (USA) provides an outline for a workshop for parents (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader). Plus:A Process for Youth and Youth Leaders during War
Prayers for Families in a Time of War
A few short prayers by the Rev. Katie Long, provided by the United Methodist Church.
A Faithful Response to Violence and War
Suggestions for Parents & Teachers, from Faith At Home.
Congregational Resources - Teaching Our Children
The Union of American Hebrew Congregations (Reform movement) provides suggestions for talking about the war with young children, religious school students, and students of bar/bat mitzvah age and older.
Helping Children Face a Crisis
- 10 Bad Habits Parents Need to Break
- The God Box: Wisdom from a Mother's Prayers
- Hands Free Mama: (A guide to putting down the phone, burning the to-do list and letting go of perfection to grasp what really matters)
- Talking to Your Children About Death
- How Can I Help My Children? Making a Safe, Healthy Environment For Your Kids