Q&A: 'How Do I Teach My Toddler
Start with simple rituals--and examine your own values.
My son is 20 months old, and I wonder what to teach him about spirituality. How do you teach a toddler about God? Since my husband and I are undecided ourselves, is the best way to explore different religions and try to teach him values?
A: Dear Anita,
Teaching values and exploring different religions are a great way to begin your family's spiritual journey. I encourage you to read simple books to your son that are rich in spiritual meaning. You might find your own soul fed by these lovely messages. I love "Where Does God Live?" by Holly Bea.
|Have a Spiritual Parenting question? Ask Mimi Doe. |
- Tips for Breaking Through the Parental Brick Wall
- What Smart Dads Know about Daughters
- 10 Bad Habits Parents Need to Break
- The God Box: Wisdom from a Mother's Prayers
- Hands Free Mama: (A guide to putting down the phone, burning the to-do list and letting go of perfection to grasp what really matters)