Family & Parenting Archive: Holidays and RitualsKIDS AND PRAYER
|VALUES AND EMOTIONS
| Holidays and Rituals |EDUCATION
|BIRTH AND MILESTONES
|DIVORCE AND SINGLE PARENTING
|FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
|BOOKS FOR PARENTS
|BOOKS AND OTHER MEDIA FOR CHILDREN
|BACK TO FAMILY ARCHIVE
The Peter Cottontail Dilemma
A dad struggles with the question of when it's time to unmask the Easter Bunny.
By Dave Caldwell
The Crucifixion's PG Rating
A psychologist gives age-by-age advice on explaining this intense event to children.
By Karen L. Maudlin, Psy.D.
Family Activities for Lent
Handling the Holidays in a Two-Faith Family
Raising kids in one religion is possible in our interfaith household.
By Sally Stich
The Hundred Dollar Holiday
Advocating a simple Christmas does not make me a grinch--in fact, just the opposite.
- 10 Bad Habits Parents Need to Break
- The God Box: Wisdom from a Mother's Prayers
- Hands Free Mama: (A guide to putting down the phone, burning the to-do list and letting go of perfection to grasp what really matters)
- Talking to Your Children About Death
- How Can I Help My Children? Making a Safe, Healthy Environment For Your Kids