Family & Parenting Archive: Birth and MilestonesKIDS AND PRAYER
|VALUES AND EMOTIONS
|HOLIDAYS AND RITUALS
| Birth and Milestones |DIVORCE AND SINGLE PARENTING
|FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
|BOOKS FOR PARENTS
|BOOKS AND OTHER MEDIA FOR CHILDREN
|BACK TO FAMILY ARCHIVE
What Good Are Godparents?
After a child's baptism, where, oh where do the godparents go?
By Heidi Schlumph
Frequently Asked Questions About Godparents
Non-Catholic godparents, the history, and more
By Arthur Magida
Should I Be a Godparent?
The author wonders if as a Jew she should stand godmother to a Lutheran child.
By Holly J. Lebowitz
The Goddess lives in hospitals too.
By Cassie Premo Steele
I Should Be Joyful, but I'm Depressed
Depression during and after pregnancy is not uncommon. Along with medication and therapy, leaning on God can help.
Hugh & Gayle Prather
Preparing for your future child physically and spiritually.
- 10 Bad Habits Parents Need to Break
- The God Box: Wisdom from a Mother's Prayers
- Hands Free Mama: (A guide to putting down the phone, burning the to-do list and letting go of perfection to grasp what really matters)
- Talking to Your Children About Death
- How Can I Help My Children? Making a Safe, Healthy Environment For Your Kids