Life After Graduation
page How Do You Accept Criticism?
Even when someone means for criticism to be constructive, you can still feel put down. Everyone has blind spots, so it is important that you listen to the people who take the time to invest in your personal development. The key to growing from negative feedback is knowing how to accept it.
Follow 4 don’ts for accepting feedback:
• Don’t take issue with something the speaker says, tune out, or think of a snappy response. This illustrates that you are defensive and not open to what the speaker has to say.
• Don’t react with negative expressions by rolling your eyes.
• Don’t shift blame to others.
• Don’t make excuses.
Follow 4 do’s for accepting feedback:
• Be positive and intentional. Looking into the person’s eyes and nodding your head indicate that you are listening.
• Allow the speaker to finish before talking.
• Ask questions to clarify what the person said.
• Thank the individual for taking the time to talk to you, and say that you will consider it.
10 Ways to Resist Sex Outside of MarriageHere are 10 ways Christians can avoid sexual temptation outside of marriage...
10 Things to Consider When Dating According to Your...Before you blow off your parents' dating advice, listen and think about the...
5 Romantic Date Night DinnersDate night doesn't always have to be fancy or over the top - keep it simple...
5 Ways to Keep Love Strong When All Else FailsLove is put to the test all the time in this sometimes cruel world. Here are...
Explore Our Community
|100 Answers to 100 Questions Every Graduate Should Know|
By Lil Empson and Jayce O'Neal