Life After Graduation
How Do You Accept Criticism?
Even when someone means for criticism to be constructive, you can still feel put down. Everyone has blind spots, so it is important that you listen to the people who take the time to invest in your personal development. The key to growing from negative feedback is knowing how to accept it.
Follow 4 don’ts for accepting feedback:
• Don’t take issue with something the speaker says, tune out, or think of a snappy response. This illustrates that you are defensive and not open to what the speaker has to say.
• Don’t react with negative expressions by rolling your eyes.
• Don’t shift blame to others.
• Don’t make excuses.
Follow 4 do’s for accepting feedback:
• Be positive and intentional. Looking into the person’s eyes and nodding your head indicate that you are listening.
• Allow the speaker to finish before talking.
• Ask questions to clarify what the person said.
• Thank the individual for taking the time to talk to you, and say that you will consider it.
Simple Recipes to EnjoyGet ready to enjoy yummy. Sharon Gannon has devoted years to living a better...
Over Pumpkin? Try These Pumpkinless Fall DishesIf you're over the pumpkins, try these tasty pumpkinless treats.
Dr. James Dobson and Son Inspire Families to Leave...In 1978, Family Talk Founder, Dr. James Dobson inspired millions with his ground-breaking...
Sisters Give Birth at Same Hospital 22 Hours Apart...These sisters knew their babies would arrive around the same time but they still...
10 Things Kids Need To Hear MoreChildren are a blessing from the Lord and they hang on the every word of their...
Explore Our Community
|100 Answers to 100 Questions Every Graduate Should Know|
By Lil Empson and Jayce O'Neal