Life After Graduation
How Do You Accept Criticism?
Even when someone means for criticism to be constructive, you can still feel put down. Everyone has blind spots, so it is important that you listen to the people who take the time to invest in your personal development. The key to growing from negative feedback is knowing how to accept it.
Follow 4 don’ts for accepting feedback:
• Don’t take issue with something the speaker says, tune out, or think of a snappy response. This illustrates that you are defensive and not open to what the speaker has to say.
• Don’t react with negative expressions by rolling your eyes.
• Don’t shift blame to others.
• Don’t make excuses.
Follow 4 do’s for accepting feedback:
• Be positive and intentional. Looking into the person’s eyes and nodding your head indicate that you are listening.
• Allow the speaker to finish before talking.
• Ask questions to clarify what the person said.
• Thank the individual for taking the time to talk to you, and say that you will consider it.
6 Things to Remember When Your Child’s GrievingAs you walk through grief with children, there are several things to remember...
5 Things I Learned While Dealing with the Death of...There are always lessons in life, good, bad, and a lot of what-ifs. Here are...
6 Parts of You that Make a Lasting ImpressionFirst impressions are important and can set the tone for the social interactions...
5 Signs You’ve Outgrown Your RelationshipWondering if the love has faded for good? Here are five major signs you’ve outgrown...
Explore Our Community
|100 Answers to 100 Questions Every Graduate Should Know|
By Lil Empson and Jayce O'Neal